RUMOR: Decision on Mike Riley Already Made, Will Be Let Go

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:42 AM, Hilltop said:

You do understand that vegas makes odds so that fans can bet -  these same fans will not be hiring the next coach at NU or FU

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Landlord said:

There are a lot of ways this doesn't make sense. One of of which being that if he stopped recruiting, everyone would obviously already know his fate, including his players, who would see him give up, so they would too.

Another being - that he is a professional, and right now he has a job and part of that is recruiting.

Also, he is a good man - I don't think he'd try to sabotage recruiting efforts.  I have little doubt he wants current players as well as Nebraska FB to be successful.  If he can help get strong kids here for the next guy, from everything we've heard of him as a man I think he would do so.

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, jessica0 said:
  • I think Riley and Moos meet privately this week and Riley agrees to step down at season’s end. Announcement during Iowa week.

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message
pflOk4o4_bigger.pngMike'l Severe @MikelSevere
FollowFollow @MikelSevere
More
Replying to @gadavis4ever

He will be let go after the season.

chuckle, I am betting 99.99999% of husker fans already knew this Mike'l, thanks anyway.

• Plus1 1
On 11/3/2017 at 0:46 AM, Rike Miley said:

This would put us at #11 in the country for coaches salary at 4.8 mil. Much better than #41. Shows that its time to open the checkbook to get a winning coach in place. 

i agree.  Open the checkbook and get a PROVEN coach.  However, all to often schools have gotten burned when they opened the check book and got  today's flavor for a coach that proved worthless in the end.  McElwain comes to mind.

Of course I realize that PROVEN coaches looking for work are not exactly in abundance.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:49 PM, Red Five said:

No way Riley already knows.  If he did, we wouldn’t have had multiple 4* recruits at the game today.

The guys a professional, he knows he is toast but has still been dumping just as much effort into recruiting this class as he hs fron the start.

Mike Riley said he has talked "somewhat in depth" with Nebraska AD Bill Moos, on the job for two weeks. "The one thing that we're doing as a staff," the third-year coach said, "is we're going forward with the things that we're supposed to do -- coach our team and recruit the next one."

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0719248642313033206-4

Edited by seaofred92

To combat the Goodrich comment we have this..

Unconfirmed[Unconfirmed]Potential Offer Made? (self.Huskers)

submitted 2 hours ago by GBRferociouskyle

Please take this with a grain of salt, and that everything we hear until its official is all just "he said this, she said that".

I have a really good friend of mine, who works with the chancellors son. There has been a potential offer extended, a beautiful 4 years/$26 Million, to a potential coach that we all have been clamoring about.

This offer would make this coach the fifth highest paid coach in the FBS, just behind: Harbaugh, Saban, Meyer, Swinney.

Now, as much as we all would love to say "BOOM THIS IS IT!", this is just what I was told over a couple messages from close buddies. Obviously, no where near a news report that would report this same thing. But, this could be the hope, shinning light, and glimmer of an actual future that we all could be wishing for.

Edited by Bornhusker