RUMOR: Decision on Mike Riley Already Made, Will Be Let Go

24 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What has Parella done, other than being a former player, that's better than the other assistant coaches? Or either of the Williams for that matter?

I actually see development and improvement of most DL group from day 1 of JP's arrival to now.  Add in that I think he's a good recruiter and he would be a great fit on the next staff.  Nebraska guy through and through, epitome of hard work, appears to be a good teacher and recruiter, I don't see why you wouldn't want JP.  As for Williams, given what Keith has to work with, I think he's doing a good/great job.  And would be an asset if retained.  As for Donte, there's a lot of speculation that him and Bobby D don't see eye to eye, but he has a solid reputation for recruiting and coaching.  I'd like to see what he can do in a new system.  For now, his recruiting keeps him around and if he can live up to his rep about coaching, under the new DC, he would also be a great asset to have.

19 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

To my untrained eye, he is coaching his 3 DL to do what they are supposed to do.

You can say that about all the asst. coaches.

3 minutes ago, sho said:

I actually see development and improvement of most DL group from day 1 of JP's arrival to now.  Add in that I think he's a good recruiter and he would be a great fit on the next staff.  Nebraska guy through and through, epitome of hard work, appears to be a good teacher and recruiter, I don't see why you wouldn't want JP.  As for Williams, given what Keith has to work with, I think he's doing a good/great job.  And would be an asset if retained.  As for Donte, there's a lot of speculation that him and Bobby D don't see eye to eye, but he has a solid reputation for recruiting and coaching.  I'd like to see what he can do in a new system.  For now, his recruiting keeps him around and if he can live up to his rep about coaching, under the new DC, he would also be a great asset to have.

How has the DL improved? They look the same to me except that Stille has been getting on the field more.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is that DW is the coach that was referred to  (on Sharpe & Benning or somewhere?) as the coach who wouldn't get within 40 yards of Diaco in practice.  Story seems to be that Williams doesn't like how soft Diaco is having our corners play.  That wouldn't be surprising to me and I wouldn't put much blame on any of the position coaches in any case.  They can only do so much within the framework of what the coordinator is wanting to do.  And I think we have below-average coordinators right now (and have since Riley got here).

That makes sense. He wants his WR's skilled at beating press coverage. 

After listening to the many Interviews with AD Moos, and Chancellor Green, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that the decision has been made to let Mike Riley go. Also there seems to be a decision made as to who the administration is going after. It will either be Scott Frost or chip Kelly. If you listen to Moos's interview with Adam Carikker Moos talks about how Oregon's option style is the most lethal offense in college football and that he thinks that would be a good fit in Lincoln. Before anyone rebukes me too harsh, please have a listen to carriker. And read the interview with Chancellor Green. Mike is for sure gone.