RUMOR: Decision on Mike Riley Already Made, Will Be Let Go

10 minutes ago, Herbie95 said:

No.  I'm skeptical.  Moos wouldn't tell anyone except Ronnie Green and Hank Bounds.

I won't pretend to know the inner works of an athletic department, but I imagine it goes deeper than those three. Moos won't be the one personally contacting representatives of other head coaching candidates. So, if Riley's tenure was up, and they were beginning to search for coaching replacements, then more than those three men would have to know.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

from someone very very high in the University side- not in the AD. Just hasn't been released to the press yet. Anyone else hear this too? I didn't get a specific timeline as to when it would be announced but the decision apparently has already been made.

Ooh please let it be true!!!!!

2 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

What makes you think there is trouble securing Frost? Or are you saying they are making a move because Florida may be pushing hard and Moos doesn't want to miss his chance at Frost? 

Pure conjecture, but, yeah, basically that. I mean, last we heard from Moos, he's excited for a home game and looking forward to talking to Riley. 

I can’t imagine that the decision hasn’t been made already. What kind of blind idiot could watch this mess and not come to the conclusion a change is needed? And you can trust me because I was high at the university quite a few times :D

Edited by El Diaco
  • Plus1 3

It might be the old "a person speaking on the condition of anonymity" as they are not authorized to speak about the matter...

Perhaps, via back channels with coach X's people, coach X was concerned as to whether or not Riley would be let go and didnt want to miss a "sure" thing for something that might not happen....ie Frost has been contacted by UF for the gig wants to go to NU, but is unsure if Riley is being let go......anonymous source leaks info so Frost knows to turn down UF....

Or it is our rumor and nothing has been decided...