Eichorst son arrested.

47 minutes ago, Nebraska Alum said:

Shawn Eichorst was a terrible AD and an even worse parent. I'm very thankful that we fired him when we did. Hopefully his sick, evil son will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

C'mon. This is awful but you don't seriously think it's reflective of SE's parenting do you? I don't really think a kid does something this awful because they were raised that way.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Nebraska Alum said:

Shawn Eichorst was a terrible AD and an even worse parent. I'm very thankful that we fired him when we did. Hopefully his sick, evil son will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

1 hour ago, Nebraska Alum said:

That's pretty ignorant and  a shame to your character that you assume this.  

• Plus1 1

This is going to be a tough situation for all involved. Based on some of the affidavit information, Jack is in some deep trouble. He apparently acknowledges and apologizes for the sexual assault to the 12-year-old boy via text message. And it was a penetrative sexual assault.

Seems like this is going to be a fairly easy case to prosecute.

Jack Eichorst still has not been formally charged with a crime. 

He appeared in court via video monitor and said nothing during the Monday afternoon hearing. His father did not attend. Outside the courtroom, attorney Candice Wooster said the family has no comment on the allegations.

Lincoln police investigators arrested Eichorst on Friday at Lincoln Southwest High School, where he is a senior, and took him to the Lancaster County jail.

A 12-year-old boy reported that Eichorst sexually assaulted him at the Eichorst home in southwest Lincoln's Ridge neighborhood Oct. 20 around 11 p.m., according to an affidavit for his arrest.

The boy told a school counselor in Lincoln Oct. 26, and the counselor reported the allegations to the police, the affidavit said.

Investigators said Eichorst acknowledged the incident in a series of electronic messages between the boys beginning Oct. 21.

The boy said in a forensic interview the sexual contact was forcible, but Eichorst told police it wasn't, according to the affidavit.

LJS