Moos and Black Friday

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Friday...2:30 or 3pm...I don't care who they play.

That's kinda where I'm at. I feel like Black Friday has become part of our fandom, at least in my family. We basically have a 2nd Thanksgiving on Black Friday while watching the game

• Plus1 2

Just now, GSG said:

That's kinda where I'm at. I feel like Black Friday has become part of our fandom, at least in my family. We basically have a 2nd Thanksgiving on Black Friday while watching the game

Yeah...that game for me...when it is in Lincoln usually means heading out to O street and having a great time.  When it is away we all meet out at some Omaha bars and have a great time.  

I find it amusing that SE took shots at Iowa, got drubbed by them under his watch, then tried to bail on the BF game with them because of it.

On another note. I think keeping Iowa is a good thing on BF is a good thing. I know Wisconsin sounds cool, but travel for that game would be harder on the fans, as it's almost double the drive.

And for me personally, I'll echo the sentiment above. I love the BF game, and my family basically does a 2nd Thanksgiving each year around it.

• Plus1 5
7 minutes ago, Saunders said:

On another note. I think keeping Iowa is a good thing on BF is a good thing. I know Wisconsin sounds cool, but travel for that game would be harder on the fans, as it's almost double the drive.

Good observation.  One could leave Lincoln at 8am (or Omaha at 9am) on Friday and easily make it to a 2:30 kick in Iowa City.

12 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I find it amusing that SE took shots at Iowa, got drubbed by them under his watch, then tried to bail on the BF game with them because of it.

And for me personally, I'll echo the sentiment above. I love the BF game, and my family basically does a 2nd Thanksgiving each year around it.

I agree that I think we should keep a BF game, just not against Iowa. They already have a rivalry with Iowa State that we cannot match, for sure now that Campbell has them in the right direction. Ferentz is 10-9 against ISU which I think would shock a lot of people outside of the state. Iowa is a better program than a lot of Nebraska fans give them credit for, but I just find it as a lose lose rivalry. Now, I know they will say this isn't the 90s and we have beaten you 3x in a row (under awful Riley). Bo was 3-1 against them. 

I've always just felt if you are in a rivalry it's always better to be the team playing up instead of down. In their case it is Iowa St as they call it their 'superbowl' when they lose, and if they win they don't feel it is a great accomplishment, especially nationally. With that being said, now that we have Frost, I am okay with watching them cry going forward when we hand them L's 

37 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I believe we can all agree that Bo hit the nail on the head with SE. Shouldn't have probably done it the way he did, but he was probably right about him.

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I believe we can all agree that Bo hit the nail on the head with SE. Shouldn't have probably done it the way he did, but he was probably right about him.

And Perlman. Some people got butthurt because of the way he said it (in what was supposed to be a private conversation). I didn't because what he said was basically true. Fortunately, they're all gone now...

36 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I agree that I think we should keep a BF game, just not against Iowa. They already have a rivalry with Iowa State that we cannot match, for sure now that Campbell has them in the right direction. Ferentz is 10-9 against ISU which I think would shock a lot of people outside of the state. Iowa is a better program than a lot of Nebraska fans give them credit for, but I just find it as a lose lose rivalry. Now, I know they will say this isn't the 90s and we have beaten you 3x in a row (under awful Riley). Bo was 3-1 against them. 

I've always just felt if you are in a rivalry it's always better to be the team playing up instead of down. In their case it is Iowa St as they call it their 'superbowl' when they lose, and if they win they don't feel it is a great accomplishment, especially nationally. With that being said, now that we have Frost, I am okay with watching them cry going forward when we hand them L's 

I totally get your sentiment and you make some solid points.  I personally think one of the biggest things you need for a good rivalry is genuine disdain for your opponent and proximity to said opponent.  I fully embrace making Iowa into a rivalry game although I can't personally can't tell you why I have so much disdain for Iowa when it comes to sports.  It's odd to me, all the Iowa fans I know personally are good folks but when I see Nebraska playing that stupid Hawkeye I can't help but hope that Nebraska absolutely throttles them in whatever sport their playing against.  Maybe it's the color black as I also loathe Colorado and Mizzou.

Edited by Xmas32
30 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I totally get your sentiment and you make some solid points.  I personally think one of the biggest things you need for a good rivalry is genuine disdain for your opponent and proximity to said opponent.  I fully embrace making Iowa into a rivalry game although I can't personally can't tell you why I have so much disdain for Iowa when it comes to sports.  It's odd to me, all the Iowa fans I know personally are good folks but when I see Nebraska playing that stupid Hawkeye I can't help but hope that Nebraska absolutely throttles them in whatever sport their playing against.  Maybe it's the color black as I also loathe Colorado and Mizzou.

I live in Iowa and lets just say the last 3 years have been really really painful 

I'm getting way ahead of things here, but if we somehow turn it around and get back to competing for the big bowls I could see this coming back to bite us a few times. Playing a team that usually isn't ranked, but has proven that they can play above their weight. Combine that with being the last game of the year where they got nothing to lose and beating us would make their season. Obviously at this point I think everyone would just be happy to be in that scenario though.

I will also add that I think games like this are what make college football so great so I'm all for it. 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

I live in Iowa and lets just say the last 3 years have been really really painful 

Living in Iowa would be painful enough anyway. But when those no-talent assclowns have bragging rights year after year...horrible. I mostly just have to deal with their nonsense on Facebook. It’s interesting that despite beating us lately, they seem to be obsessed with all things Nebraska, while we couldn’t care less about the Temple to Perpetual Mediocrity that Ferentz has built in Iowa City.

• Plus1 2