A certain offensive lineman

Geeboo07

I watched a certain offensive lineman give a piss poor effort most of the Northwestern game. More than 5 times a play was still in action and he just stood there and watched our running backs get tackled. He should have been pulled out of the game and had his helmet taken away. Give the next guy a chance to block. Freakin pathetic

Edited by Geeboo07

42 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

I guess if nothing else, the Gates are open wide for another lineman to come in and outplay him.  One thing about being a lineman is that you can't be afraid to jump in there and get Nicked up now and then.

Nice. You’re very deceptive 

To be be fair (I'm being a hypocrite) I don't think we should be picking on this kid.  I believe he has skills and is a victim of the program.  He seemed to play fairly well when he got here.

Look at the D line for example.   Can you honestly tell yourself that we have no one on the team that can beat a block and hurry the QB.

This program is wasting talent.

• Plus1 5

Wasting talent is a good phrase.  I think that we are limited in talent.  The talent gap from starters and next in line is pretty big.  But in saying that, I think we have some in that next man up category that have more want too and effort.  This program needs more guys with want too and effort first and talent second.  I think all season long our players have not really had that effort or want too.  This is the difference in a team like Iowa beating Ohio St.  Iowa wanted that win, while I don't know if our players even want to practice let alone win a home  game.

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

To be be fair (I'm being a hypocrite) I don't think we should be picking on this kid.  I believe he has skills and is a victim of the program.  He seemed to play fairly well when he got here.

Look at the D line for example.   Can you honestly tell yourself that we have no one on the team that can beat a block and hurry the QB.

This program is wasting talent.

Khalil Davis and Ben Stille have really looked good. I think Parrella is doing a really good job actually! Whether they DL is set up for success or not is a different question

• Plus1 2