Mario Goodrich Comments???

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

MR isn't "getting" fired. He has already been fired, but the effective date is the Monday after the IOWA game.

I unfortunately do not see it this way. I don't think Riley would tell a recruit "I'm not getting fired" And do so in a way to mislead a young man. I also don't think a recruit who isn't even committed to Nebraska would think so in depth to come out with a statement into saying a coach isn't going to get fired and have it be some hint that it lays the groundwork for a later decommitment.

Unfortunately the reality here may just be Riley is completely clueless and does believe he needs and will get his 4-5 years. If that is the case then it makes the end of November seem that much farther away because there is that little thought that maybe he is retained for at least one more year.

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I unfortunately do not see it this way. I don't think Riley would tell a recruit "I'm not getting fired" And do so in a way to mislead a young man. I also don't think a recruit who isn't even committed to Nebraska would think so in depth to come out with a statement into saying a coach isn't going to get fired and have it be some hint that it lays the groundwork for a later decommitment.

Unfortunately the reality here may just be Riley is completely clueless and does believe he needs and will get his 4-5 years. If that is the case then it makes the end of November seem that much farther away because there is that little thought that maybe he is retained for at least one more year.

Mike Riley has not struck me as person who would lie to a recruit.  Mike got very used to being a 500 coach and now is getting his fanny whacked thinking that mentality would be ok at NU.  If he (Riley) stays as HC, I guess I can find other more productive things to do on fall Saturdays next year.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

Mike Riley has not struck me as person who would lie to a recruit.  Mike got very used to being a 500 coach and now is getting his fanny whacked thinking that mentality would be ok at NU.  If he (Riley) stays as HC, I guess I can find other more productive things to do on fall Saturdays next year.

I haven't done yard work on a Saturday in years. My yard may like the attention.

Only way he "steps down" is if Nebraska agrees to pay his buyout.  He is a nice guy but not a fool.  He won't just walk away from millions of dollars the university is obligated to paying him.  I really hope we can find a way to retain him in some capacity.