Gary Sharp Says On Twitter Frost To UF Is "Close To A Done Deal"

7 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

It would sting, but wouldn’t be the first time he would chose another program over Nebraska.

This has been in the back of my mind this entire time.

Personally, I would love to have Frost.....but, I'm not going to implode if it's not him....as long as it's someone good.  I would be OK with Chip Kelly.  

11 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

His problem is he has to play a fine line between media and former player, however he exploits both.  Sharp and Benning have said they are trying to prepare the public if it is not Frost.

I don't think it's a problem.  I admit I don't listen every morning but the times I do he seems to do a good job of walking that line

• Plus1 2

You just have to let the season play out and let Moos fire MR and see what happens.  If Florida has been in contact with Frost in some back channel way, I would assume that Nebraska and Moos have also been talking through back channels.  

I personally have always had my doubts that Frost would come back to Nebraska and coach.  If he does great but he only has one option at Nebraska and that is to be wildly successful. Anything less and people will be disappointed. That is a lot of pressure.  It is a much easier recruiting area at Florida we all know that.  I would not blame him nor would I be upset if he chose not to come back to Nebraska.  

Just now, NUinID said:

You just have to let the season play out and let Moos fire MR and see what happens.  If Florida has been in contact with Frost in some back channel way, I would assume that Nebraska and Moos have also been talking through back channels.  

I personally have always had my doubts that Frost would come back to Nebraska and coach.  If he does great but he only has one option at Nebraska and that is to be wildly successful. Anything less and people will be disappointed. That is a lot of pressure.  It is a much easier recruiting area at Florida we all know that.  I would not blame him nor would I be upset if he chose not to come back to Nebraska.  

He's going to have that kind of expectation placed on him regardless of which P5 school he ends up coaching.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, NUinID said:

I actually think he'd be given more time at Nebraska then he will at other places leading to lower pressure in the first few years. I know in the other fans I've talked to realize that after the Riley debacle this won't be turned around over night. However, if he just gets us to compete for the West title in the next couple years that will be seen as improvement - which should be one of the easiest things for a P5 coach to do. The bar for him is actually pretty low at Nebraska right now. 

After a couple years he will need to begin winning the West consistently but that is down the road. 

Edited by bugeater17
8 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I actually think he'd be given more time at Nebraska then he will at other places leading to lower pressure in the first few years. I know in the other fans I've talked to realize that after the Riley debacle this won't be turned around over night. However, if he just gets us to compete for the West title in the next couple years that will be seen as improvement - which should be one of the easiest things for a P5 coach to do. The bar for him is actually pretty low at Nebraska right now. 

After a couple years he will need to begin winning the West consistently but that is down the road. 

Sure he is going to get 4-5 years to get things going, but long term if he isn't winning or playing for conference titles and playoff births every other year some may get restless.  

14 minutes ago, NUinID said:

I would not blame him nor would I be upset if he chose not to come back to Nebraska.  

I wouldn't be upset or angry at him.  But, my attitude of him as an ex-Husker is just that, great to have you as a QB....but, you've now chosen someone else over us twice.  Have a nice life. Then, move on to people who want to be here.

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, NUinID said:

Sure he is going to get 4-5 years to get things going, but long term if he isn't winning or playing for conference titles and playoff births every other year some may get restless.  

Playoff births every other year may be a bit much after the 20 years in purgatory we've experienced. Would I like that to happen - yes. But when you are evaluating P5 jobs Nebraska is in one of the best situations to succeed in - bc Nebraska is in the Big Ten West and has all the resources necessary. 

Edited by bugeater17