Chip Kelly to UCLA

Chadhusker

21 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

The guy had 2 winning and 2 losing seasons in the NFL. There isn't a better football coach on the market that you could bring to Nebraska. Nobody. Not even Scott Frost. 

Who are you and what did you do to Jessica0?

Edited by Sparker
  • Plus1 3

Trey Wallace @TreyW_Radio
FollowFollow @TreyW_Radio
More

As we reported a week ago & it still holds true, Chip Kelly hasn’t been contacted in any way concerning the Tennessee job.

Replying to @TreyW_Radio

That new rule about hiring coaches with show causes in the SEC is scaring everyone away from Chip Kelly.

Edited by jessica0
3 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

His system works?  He hasn't won anything any where yet.  He was a bust in the NFL.  Look at what Doug Pederson is doing at Philly.

Sure his system worked to go to the Natty title game, but his teams are not rugged enough for B1G football.  He is a Pac 12 coach, and I think we by now should be done with that.

Bust in the NFL?  I must've missed it when his first 2 seasons in the NFL he went 10-6.

3 hours ago, jessica0 said:

I am stunned that people would turn this away:

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Oregon Ducks (Pac-10/Pac-12 Conference) (2009–present)
2009 Oregon 10–3 8–1 1st L Rose 11 11
2010 Oregon 12–1 9–0 1st L BCS NCG 3 3
2011 Oregon 12–2 8–1 T–1st (North) W Rose 4 4
2012 Oregon 12–1 8–1 T–1st (North) W Fiesta 2 2
Oregon: 46–7 33–3  
Total: 46–7  
      National championship         Conference title         Conference division title

While no one would turn that record or winning away there’s no promise that’ll happen at Nebraska. Google Rich Rodriguez... similar offenses, not identical but similar styles. Rich Rod did big things at WVU and even at Arizona but that trip to Michigan was a rough ride.

Its all about the fit of the coach for a program and the conference. What works in the pac12 or big12 may not work here.

• Plus1 2

If we don't get Frost, Chip Kelly would definitely be a step up from Riley (a giant step up), but I have issues with a coach not maintaining some control of his subordinates.  He got a show cause for a reason.  Likely because he was willfully refusing to know what his coaches were doing to get recruits.  Either that or he was pressuring them so hard they were willing to do anything.... in neither case does that make me want him as a head coach for Nebraska.

14 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

there is a 0% chance of chip kelly or bob stoops coming here.

if we miss out on frost, the plan B option is likely going to be very underwhelming.

Plan B will only be underwhelming to the "Frost or Bust" folks that won't give anyone else a chance. 

Unless will settle again for a Billy C, Pelini or Riley type.

Edited by Pedro Guerrero
  • Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Chip Kelly to UCLA