Diaco sounding off against Rugby Tackling

Regardless if the rugby tackling is a good idea or not, it sounds like Devaney and/or Eichorst pushed/recommended the rugby style tackling to Banker.  Banker may be saying otherwise, but it's reasonable thinking that Devaney & Eichorst would be interested in rugby tackling.  Rugby tackling is done to prevent fewer head injuries and concussions.  Who would be interested in fewer concussions for the football team?  Hmmm, a lawyer, who is afraid of litigation from former players?  Isn't our former AD a lawyer who would be most interested in protecting the NU Athletic Department?

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Toe said:

Did  you read Banker's part of the story? He said that's not how it happened. And Diaco wasn't even here when it supposedly happened, so it's not like he's a first-hand witness. To me, it feels more like Diaco trying to deflect blame away from himself and Riley.

That would contradict Benning's side of the story then if true.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, alwayshusking said:

It's not Sam's job to be classy or to look out for Riley. He called Banker bc Diaco said that the decision to go to rugby tackling came from above Riley. Banker gave his thoughts on the matter.

Just to stir the pot more, not for journalism, but for clicks.  Right or wrong I don't know.

• Plus1 1
Just now, RedNebraskan said:

Just to stir the pot more, not for journalism, but for clicks.  Right or wrong I don't know.

How is it not "journalism"?  Sam trying to get different sides of the story on a topic pertaining to the job that Sam has.  Sam is a reporter, covering the Husker football beat.  He's not a columnist who is paid to give his opinion, he's reporting the facts and the information from his subject of covering.

• Plus1 3

Maybe I'm alone but I have honestly just lost interest in all of it.  Don't really care what Riley, Diaco, Banker etc even have to say.  It all doesn't matter any way- what happens on the field isn't going to change.  I'll be glad after the Iowa game just so we can turn the page and see what BM has in store for NU.  Whatever his decision, at least the speculation will be done and we can mentally move on.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

How is it not "journalism"?  Sam trying to get different sides of the story on a topic pertaining to the job that Sam has.  Sam is a reporter, covering the Husker football beat.  He's not a columnist who is paid to give his opinion, he's reporting the facts and the information from his subject of covering.

I don't know, thats just what people have said.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

He has to make sure the facts Diaco is giving him are straight. According to Banker they aren't, therefor Sam is most definitely doing his job

Exactly.  Diaco wasn't around during the implementation of the rugby tackling, but Banker was.  Sam is doing his job to get Banker's side of the story, because Banker was around and was the one in charge of implementing the rugby tackling.

Also, neither Diaco or Banker or "lying".  They are just using different words for the same actions by the administration (Devaney & Eichorst).

9 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Maybe I'm alone but I have honestly just lost interest in all of it.  Don't really care what Riley, Diaco, Banker etc even have to say.  It all doesn't matter any way- what happens on the field isn't going to change.  I'll be glad after the Iowa game just so we can turn the page and see what BM has in store for NU.  Whatever his decision, at least the speculation will be done and we can mentally move on.  

This is what I was saying when people were up in arms over what Diaco said after the game on Saturday.  I don't care what comes out of Lincoln except for the 3-4 hours on Saturday. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

I want to add.. posters attacking Bob is pathetic. Bob said he isn't good with talking to the media like that, he apologized in advance, he isn't good at it.

Man, I hope some of you never get put in that situation.

gosh I would really hate to be put in a situation where I'm making 800k to churn out a defense that gives up 30 points a game

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, epocSoN said:

Man it seems like people are missing the bigger story here.  Our coaches were being forced by people above HCMR on how and what to coach, even though the coaches themselves hadn't bought into it.  The chain of command was in complete disarray.  How can we expect the players to buy in to philosophy when our own coaches were against it?

23 minutes ago, epocSoN said:

That would contradict Benning's side of the story then if true.

Yea beat me too it. Banker said it was his and Rileys decision to adopt rugby tackling.

The way this season is going the team should should just stop doing interviews with the exception of HCMR. 

We need to stop the bleeding, this whole sad series of events is just making it bleed faster to the howling delight of our blood thirsty media.

• Plus1 1