A decision could be made sooner than we thought

Vince R.

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

The back and forth banter between current and ex coaches, mixed with rumors starting to come out about other staff members could force Moos' hand to fire. This is a PR nightmare at this point and it has barely begun. Buckle up friends... 

Why would any of this result in a firing a few days sooner? Tomorrow will be Wednesday and we are nearing another weekend of college football. After that there are only two games left. What is important right now isn't firing Riley or having him announcement retirement/stepping down it is about getting a coaching search in place so there is a quick turnaround after the Riley stuff goes down. 

Just now, jessica0 said:

Why would any of this result in a firing a few days sooner? Tomorrow will be Wednesday and we are nearing another weekend of college football. After that there are only two games left. What is important right now isn't firing Riley or having him announcement retirement/stepping down it is about getting a coaching search in place so there is a quick turnaround after the Riley stuff goes down. 

Because Moos alluded to there being exceptions for why he would fire coaches before the season end. It seems that if this kind of information continues to come out and it intensifies, then he might be forced to fire them now. Hence the bad PR reference. The coaching search is already in place and has been for a month. It is obvious that nobody gives a damn about the remaining games, so it even adds to the possibility of having to fire them sooner than later. 

1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

Because Moos alluded to there being exceptions for why he would fire coaches before the season end. It seems that if this kind of information continues to come out and it intensifies, then he might be forced to fire them now. Hence the bad PR reference. The coaching search is already in place and has been for a month. It is obvious that nobody gives a damn about the remaining games, so it even adds to the possibility of having to fire them sooner than later. 

Meh...just let it play out. It isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It is the job of the current coach to teach his players. The season will be done soon. 

4 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

Decision is likely already made, don't think there will be an announcement until after the Iowa game.

Which then plays into the hand of nipping this nonsense in the butt before it gets too big, where thats all they talk about during our games. I am not saying something will be done tomorrow but if this continues and amps up, then I can see where this decision is just sped up and made public sooner so then the conversation can officially be, "who are we getting", rather than this current drama. The Iowa game is a while from now. Some might see it otherwise but this season is grueling for everyone and each day it tends to get worse. I can't see this lasting until Iowa, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Which then plays into the hand of nipping this nonsense in the butt before it gets too big, where thats all they talk about during our games. I am not saying something will be done tomorrow but if this continues and amps up, then I can see where this decision is just sped up and made public sooner so then the conversation can officially be, "who are we getting", rather than this current drama. The Iowa game is a while from now. Some might see it otherwise but this season is grueling for everyone and each day it tends to get worse. I can't see this lasting until Iowa, IMO. 

The Iowa game is 17 days away, we'll be there before you know it.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

So my question is where was Riley when all this bad tackling and coaching were going on? 

Maybe Diaco doesn't realize it, but his comments are also a shot at Riley and not just Banker. 

IF Diaco's comments are true (big if), then that means it was something that was decided above Riley. So the answer to the question would be that Riley was there, going along with something decided by the administration that employs him.

That's not the most unrealistic scenario in the world. There's already been plenty of speculation that the administration was making some decisions for Riley that he wouldn't have made himself (the firing of Read and Banker, for example).

Barring some sort of Hugh Freeze situation, there's a 0% chance that Moos s#!t cans Riley before the Iowa game. While this whole very public bickering between our current DC and former DC is stupidly embarrassing, it's not exactly cause for termination. 

This team will finish 5-7 or 4-8 and there will be a press conference on November 25th. 

• Plus1 4