A decision could be made sooner than we thought

Vince R.

9 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

At least make a f'ing announcement. This will be Rileys last season. However, we will allow him to finish out the season. 

3 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Wish this was made 3 weeks ago.

Anything at all, please, just let us know this is unacceptable and will not be back next year.

I totally agree, no reason at all to wait now. This clown/sh#tshow needs to be shown the door immediately. Anybody that is not currently on this staff is eminently more qualified to finish out this season than anybody who is on it. This is even worse than Callahan. Worst football I have ever seen in my life.

8 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Moos is not going to fire Riley after today's game when the end of the regular season is less than 2 weeks away.  My question is...does Riley resign or get fired Friday evening after the Iowa game, or will it be Saturday?

This guy doesn't get it, that I think it'll take firing him to get him out of here.

Since his failure of a year 1, I thought Riley is a nice guy he will exit on his own when he realizes this thing isn't going to work out and he just isn't the right fit at Nebraska. Unfortunately, with the way it seemingly doesn't bother him that he has run this program into the dumpster, I don't think he retires, I think he will stay until he is fired to get his retirement check.

53 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Moos is not going to fire Riley after today's game when the end of the regular season is less than 2 weeks away.  My question is...does Riley resign or get fired Friday evening after the Iowa game, or will it be Saturday?

It will be during the Iowa post game press conference.  (just kidding)

On 11/8/2017 at 8:08 PM, FlipPhone said:

I would like to think he's a man of his word.  If he claims he'd never fire anyone midseason (behavior issues not withstanding), and then turned around and did such a thing, how would anyone ever trust anything he said past that point?

He would still be a man of his word. Unless he said he,”would NEVER fire anyone midseason”. Big difference between saying he hasn’t and he wouldn’t. I don’t know what he said. 

Has Nebraska High School regular season ended?  I'd leave the staff in place to assist some HS coaches that would do the actual coaching.  The HS coaches will need coffee, someone to hold clipboards, miscellaneous tasks like that could be handled by the current coaches.  If the players think we are making improvements in coaching, they might try harder.

I know you said you don't do fires during the regular season, just say it was a leadership decision and get it done with. The team didn't even get their full effort today. They have given up. Cut bait, make it known nationally that the job is open, open the checkbook starting at $5M per year, and get to work publicly. I know it makes no difference to keep him or can him right now for a coaching search, but just get it done now so everyone involved can move on and forward. 

And if you have someone that has mutually agreed, just have it leaked by an outside source while keeping the name of the head coach anonymous. 

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads
  • Plus1 1