A decision could be made sooner than we thought

Vince R.

8 minutes ago, DirtySanchezButtFumbler said:

Someone is stating that MR will be gone tomorrow and Parella will take over. However, this person also said Del Conte was in agreement to be new AD. I would take it with a large grain of salt.

If it's wrong, can we fire him? We just want someone to get the axe!

The vast majority of Husker fans want Riley gone, so if Moos reverses his decision and fires Riley before the end of the season are fans really going to be upset with Moos? Sometimes things change and a person (in this case an athletic director) needs to change his or her mind.

i guess I don’t get the people who act like Moos is a liar or something if he fires Riley early. 

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, np_husker said:

The vast majority of Husker fans want Riley gone, so if Moos reverses his decision and fires Riley before the end of the season are fans really going to be upset with Moos? Sometimes things change and a person (in this case an athletic director) needs to change his or her mind.

i guess I don’t get the people who act like Moos is a liar or something if he fires Riley early. 

I don't think you'll hear much of an uproar if Riley is fired before the season is over. 

Moos can fire Riley mid season and save face by saying something along the lines of "I made that comment and fully intended to honor said statement.  However, after meeting with personnel, players and observations about the current direction and trajectory of the program, my hands are tied and I am forced to make the decision sooner than later"....The whole "interview of players and personnel" covers a multitude of "rumors" we are already chasing i.e. team quitting, Donte and Diaco not going with in 50' of each other, th Admn rumors forcing rugby tackling etc......It'd fly. The fans would like it and the media will assume the rumors had some validity...

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Moos can fire Riley mid season and save face by saying something along the lines of "I made that comment and fully intended to honor said statement.  However, after meeting with personnel, players and observations about the current direction and trajectory of the program, my hands are tied and I am forced to make the decision sooner than later"....The whole "interview of players and personnel" covers a multitude of "rumors" we are already chasing i.e. team quitting, Donte and Diaco not going with in 50' of each other, th Admn rumors forcing rugby tackling etc......It'd fly. The fans would like it and the media will assume the rumors had some validity...

Lo, I was typing essentially the same thing while you were posting yours. 

9 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

Lo, I was typing essentially the same thing while you were posting yours. 

Haha.  Great minds and all that.  I'm thinking if fans can be thinking of this, maybe he already has and that's the cause of the rumors....

I figured Riley was going to get fired, I'm really interested in our next coach.

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

I hear your message,  I just disagree with what you are saying, that's all.

Do you think a change now would help win the next two games? Or change the coaching search at all? I do not. Maybe you do.  I'd like to hear what you think would happen. 

Na its cool to disagree i dont have a problem with banter on any subject.  I think a change would help more in the next two games then it would be a hindrance.  The players seem distracted and i think this would just be the band aid ripped off and its over.  Will it help them win, probably not but i dont feel it would hurt either the team or the program if they did it at this point.  Like i said i think its a forgone conclusion that hes gone so there really is no surprise if you do it now.  Im not expecting any other coaches to come running before there season is over either.  Leave us to clean up the rest of this mess and move forward.