UF alumnus interested in your coaching search

One thing to always remember with coaching searches is that most of what you hear is misinformation. It isn't easy to find out what the real information is and what is misinformation since a lot of the times the misinformation are agent leaks to get more money out of the school that their client currently works with. Mullen's name comes up every year and it already has this year. I would put money on Mullen coaching at Mississippi State in 2018. 

IMO, and others would agree, what is important in a coaching search is the proper fit. You want someone that can win, obviously, but also someone that will understand the culture and history of the program. At PSU they had a coach that was anti Paterno people and their current coach respects that group and he has less stress as a result of it. He is a good fit at PSU. 

At Nebraska the AD that got fired did an incompetent coaching search and brought in a terrible, terrible fit. One of the worst hires I have never seen in college football. 

IMO, the best fits for Florida for this go around in your coaching search are Stoops, Norvell, and Taggart. IMO, Florida should hire Taggart. He is a Floridan at heart. 

Frost runs a power spread offense. He doesn't run an offense like Spurrier. Urban's offense is more east-west than the Frost offense. The Frost offense wants to spread you out and attack you north-south vertically. Spurrier's offense attacked you vertically. 

Norvell and Taggart are the names you guys should be after. 

Trust me, as a new parent, you want your grandparents to be with their grandchild. It makes for a happier family. 

Also, OP, what your fanbase needs to do is fix all of the hate, anger, bitterness, and stop pushing out coaches that are winning you titles and divisions. 

Look at what your fans are sending your QB on social media: 

• “If I was your coach I would pay them to hurt you.”
• “F— you I hope you die b—-.”
• “Can you please just leave the program, you’re aids.”
• “HOW THE F— DO YOU SMILE 35-0 DOWN?!?! YOU’RE THE BARACK OBAMA OF QBS!!
• “I WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN.”

It’s the kind of ugliness that tears a program apart.

http://gridironnow.com/ugly-season-florida-drain-swamp/

IMO, Florida isn't going to have as great of a coaching search as you would like. That is another reason why I think you should go after Taggart and Norvell. 

10 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

One thing to always remember with coaching searches is that most of what you hear is misinformation. It isn't easy to find out what the real information is and what is misinformation since a lot of the times the misinformation are agent leaks to get more money out of the school that their client currently works with. Mullen's name comes up every year and it already has this year. I would put money on Mullen coaching at Mississippi State in 2018. 

IMO, and others would agree, what is important in a coaching search is the proper fit. You want someone that can win, obviously, but also someone that will understand the culture and history of the program. At PSU they had a coach that was anti Paterno people and their current coach respects that group and he has less stress as a result of it. He is a good fit at PSU. 

At Nebraska the AD that got fired did an incompetent coaching search and brought in a terrible, terrible fit. One of the worst hires I have never seen in college football. 

IMO, the best fits for Florida for this go around in your coaching search are Stoops, Norvell, and Taggart. IMO, Florida should hire Taggart. He is a Floridan at heart. 

Frost runs a power spread offense. He doesn't run an offense like Spurrier. Urban's offense is more east-west than the Frost offense. The Frost offense wants to spread you out and attack you north-south vertically. Spurrier's offense attacked you vertically. 

Norvell and Taggart are the names you guys should be after. 

Trust me, as a new parent, you want your grandparents to be with their grandchild. It makes for a happier family. 

very valid points. 

I can tell you that florida does not want Taggert.  after our last two coaches, the new AD knows two things 

1. Florida wants a splash hire and that Taggert would not be considered as such and our fan base would have a total meltdown. 

2. he's a new AD and is aware that this has to be a big hire because he wants to establish a legacy and not be in Jeremy Foley's shadow.... and that his tenure will be over before it began if he hires a dud. 

Florida longs for the days of the fun-n-gun... Spurrier's offense was essentially a precursor to the spread offense that was very heavy on the passing game.. his philosophy at the time was that the pass would open up the run which was completely opposite of the 3 yards and a cloud of dust in that day and age and its pundits said that it would never work... well, the rest is history 

5 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Also, OP, what your fanbase needs to do is fix all of the hate, anger, bitterness, and stop pushing out coaches that are winning you titles and divisions. 

IMO, Florida isn't going to have as great of a coaching search as you would like. That is another reason why I think you should go after Taggart and Norvell. 

every school is going to have its share of bad apples.. having said that, the kind of of examples you have stated are not only reprehensible but also inexcusable.... there's actually a thread on this very subject on Gator Country if you would like to view it.. 

Mac's offense was regressing and it was clear to see and the fruits of this season has bared as much... he wasn't a good fit for the program... eerily similar to Riley @ Nebraska. 

14 minutes ago, MyakkaGator said:

every school is going to have its share of bad apples.. having said that, the kind of of examples you have stated are not only reprehensible but also inexcusable.... there's actually a thread on this very subject on Gator Country if you would like to view it.. 

Mac's offense was regressing and it was clear to see and the fruits of this season has bared as much... he wasn't a good fit for the program... eerily similar to Riley @ Nebraska. 

At least Mac came off a winning season at the program he was at. Riley on the other hand...

@tyrone_biggums at this point, I think UCF is hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

the greatest thing that Frost has done for UCF is that he is going to leave the program in better shape than when he arrived.. he's proved that the program can be successful. 

Because of this, UCF will be able to hire a higher caliber coach than what they are historically accustomed to. 

25 minutes ago, tyrone_biggums said:

At least Mac came off a winning season at the program he was at. Riley on the other hand...

there were some things that were going on in where he and administration were butting heads.. Mac had just got the 15 million dollar IPF and was getting a 60 million dollar, 130,000 square feet stand-alone football facility and after the Iowa bowl win, he openly questioned the administration's commitment to the football program... it was a real slap in the face as far as the administration, specifically Foley, was concerned... it was all downhill from there. 

59 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Our fanbase does the exact same thing...

• Plus1 4
13 minutes ago, MyakkaGator said:

there were some things that were going on in where he and administration were butting heads.. Mac had just got the 15 million dollar IPF and was getting a 60 million dollar, 130,000 square feet stand-alone football facility and after the Iowa bowl win, he openly questioned the administration's commitment to the football program... it was a real slap in the face as far as the administration, specifically Foley, was concerned... it was all downhill from there. 

I meant at Colorado State and Alabama he had success. He brought some momentum with him when he went to Florida. Although there would be a lot of happiness around here if we had back to back division titles. Mike Riley came off a 5-7 record at OSU before coming here. Everyone had to google the guy when it was announced. Not a good way to start.