UF alumnus interested in your coaching search

4 minutes ago, fire mike said:

Should be a really good game, I think USF takes it.

Quentin flowers is dynamic... I think it's going to be a slobber knocker because they really dislike each other and won't be surprised if it gets a little chippy... this game will come down to turnovers and quite possibly who has the ball last. 

Edited by MyakkaGator

3 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

The longer this drags out, the more my gut tells me Frost ends up at Florida while Moos leans heavily on Chip Kelly. 

Im not sure how many times this has to be said, but Frost will finish the season at UCF.  No announcement either way will be made til after the season is over.

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

The longer this drags out, the more my gut tells me Frost ends up at Florida while Moos leans heavily on Chip Kelly. 

I feel the opposite way.  We aren't firing Riley until the end of the year, so if the longer Frost holds out on Florida the better. 

edit: Unless Florida hires a different coach in the next few weeks.  Then I would feel much better about landing Frost.

Edited by STL Husker
  • Plus1 1

1 hour ago, MyakkaGator said:

thank you for the perspective and for the welcome... everyone here has been a class act and I'm enjoying the conversation!!  @BIGREDIOWAN, I agree with every point you made... I still believe it's a toss up, and in reality, only Scott knows where he's going to end up. home is the tie that binds, that's for sure.  the great thing he has going is that he's going to have his pick of schools and therefore not limited as far as choices go. 

First off, welcome to Huskerboard. We have fans of plenty other programs that have stuck around after whatever initially brought them here was long over with. You're are welcomed to do the same.

Now, I visited 'Gator Country' and read through some of the posts there. There are a TON of Gator fans almost completely disregarding the fact that he's from Nebraska. I've met a lot of different people from a lot of different places, and I don't know that anybody takes more pride in where they're from than Nebraskans. I would assume that Frost is no different in that regard. Now, that doesn't mean he'll come here. Maybe he thinks it could hurt his career in the long run. Maybe his wife has zero interest in Nebraska winters. But don't disregard that "native pull". I promise you Scott is feeling it.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, MyakkaGator said:

@B.B. Hemingway I think the soonest an announcement will be made is Sunday or Monday after the conference championship games. 

On Riley, or Frost? Frost I would agree with you. Riley will be gone a day or two after the Iowa game on Black Friday.

Edit: Of course you meant Frost, what does a Gator fan care about Riley:lol:

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 2

53 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

First off, welcome to Huskerboard. We have fans of plenty other programs that have stuck around after whatever initially brought them here was long over with. You're are welcomed to do the same.

Now, I visited 'Gator Country' and read through some of the posts there. There are a TON of Gator fans almost completely disregarding the fact that he's from Nebraska. I've met a lot of different people from a lot of different places, and I don't know that anybody takes more pride in where they're from than Nebraskans. I would assume that Frost is no different in that regard. Now, that doesn't mean he'll come here. Maybe he thinks it could hurt his career in the long run. Maybe his wife has zero interest in Nebraska winters. But don't disregard that "native pull". I promise you Scott is feeling it.

I agree completely with you... excellent post. thanks for the welcome.. I'm really enjoying it here.  same goes for our forum, you're more than welcome to participate... I've never met a bad Nebraska fan and an appreciation for college football, in general. 

Edited by MyakkaGator
  • Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

It’s not only Frost who is from Nebraska on the UCF staff. There are a handful of Nebraska boys on the staff too, I wonder to what degree that plays into the final decisions made. 

it would be interesting if something happened that Frost did accept the Florida job that how many of those assistants would leave him if they had a chance to be assistants with Nebraska... I would imagine most of them. 

For my 2 cents...If Frost is coming to Nebraska it is already a done deal. We won't find out either way until the season is over. So the speculation about it dragging out meaning anything either way is silly. It's not dragging out, this is just the way it has to happen. Frost is in the middle of an undefeated season, nothing is going to be announced publicly until he wants it to be. We have no need or desire to install an interim HC this season so the Riley announcement is also on hold. If Frost is not coming home, then Moos is already talking to the replacement and it is likely near a done deal also. I guess we can speculate and waive arms like good fans do but don't think for a second that having to wait these next few weeks means anything at all.

The real pain will be if Scott is N but doesn't want his UCF team distracted between the Iowa game and his bowl game. Husker land will go apesh#t if we have to wait longer than about 30 minutes after the black Friday game.

And sorry UF but I just don't see the draw for Frost to Florida. I hope you get any other coach you want. There are many listed above who can fill the position just fine. I think Stoops would be an awesome get.

• Plus1 2