***Official Minnesota Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

7 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Want to know something hilarious?

Before the season even started, I had posted some posts where I talked about how this team in season's past had played with almost no effort.  Go ahead, do a search and you'll find them.

A bunch of posters literally took the opportunity to call me an idiot, to tell me I was wrong, that I didn't know what I was talking about.

Let this thread (page 11) where the halftime commentators (Dave Wannstedt and other) are calling out Nebraska's poor effort serve notice that:

a) I do know what I am talking about,

b) I do know effort on the football field when I see it, and

c) maybe the people who attacked me previously for saying those things, really don't know as much as their bombastic comments would lead one to believe.

Truth is: lack of effort, playing 1/2 speed, not caring whether they win or lose, etc are problems that have been plaguing this team for the last 6 seasons at least.  The scary part?  I seem to be the only person that saw what the real problem was.  Almost everyone else said either we don't have the "talent" or it is bad coaching.  And while I'm not saying Nebraska's talent or coaching couldn't be better, I'm saying that playing half speed, playing poorly, and not caring if you lose...amplifies all the other problems.

#OffSoapBox

You're so edgy and brave!  It must be so hard being you, with all of your edgeiness and bravery .

Edited by Hingle McCringleberry
  • Plus1 1