Turn Around - How long?

1 hour ago, unlfan said:

It will take years to rid these plays of the mentality pathetic Mike has instilled. He has robbed these guys of their college careers. This will be a wholesale rebuild from the ground up. 3 years at minimum.

I don't buy that, college football is highly emotional. With the right coach we could be back at 8 or 9 wins next year. Belief is a powerful thing.

That said, if we hire the wrong coach, this could go right off the cliff and be over.

3 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Doesn't it take talent PLUS mentality?  I wonder about that right now.  Or worry rather than wonder I guess.

It does.

I think Nebraska has the talent, they lack the mentality.  Honestly though, this team is playing so poorly it's hard to tell one way or the other.  

I do know one thing, we shouldn't be getting man-handled physically by Minnesota (or Northern Illinois, Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, et al).

1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

This is 95% coaching ineptitude we are seeing today.  If not more.

"IF" we get a good coach,  Frost or otherwise, how long does it legitimately take to get us turned around?  One year?  Two years?  Three years?

I'm fearing that there is now some low competitive mentality that is seeped into the team as well.

How long will it take?

Saban at Bama. Stoops at Oklahoma. Plenty of other examples. Year 2 is when you see the big jump. The faster Scott Frost is able to turn this roster over the better it will be. Need to get the #calibraska out of this roster. 

6 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Saban at Bama. Stoops at Oklahoma. Plenty of other examples. Year 2 is when you see the big jump. The faster Scott Frost is able to turn this roster over the better it will be. Need to get the #calibraska out of this roster. 

Sounds reasonable to run off a RFr and Fr QBs because they are from California.

• Plus1 1

Turn around? Every now and then I get a little bit nostalgic and the program isn’t turning around...

Turn around? Every now and then I get a little bit tired listening to the sound of my tears...

Turn around? Every now and then I get a little bit nervous our new hire will suck...

Turn around? Every now and then I get a little bit terrified that we’ll never get a trophy again...

Turn around? Scott Frost? Every year the program falls apart...Turn around? Scott Frost? Every now and then I have to get a new TV.

And we need relevancy tonight. And we need it more than ever. And if we’d only run the ball, we’d be relevant forever...

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 8

2 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

This is 95% coaching ineptitude we are seeing today.  If not more.

"IF" we get a good coach,  Frost or otherwise, how long does it legitimately take to get us turned around?  One year?  Two years?  Three years?

I'm fearing that there is now some low competitive mentality that is seeped into the team as well.

How long will it take?

Spring ball...