What did we learn?....Minnesota

This team is way worse than 2007.  Ive kept quiet most of the year and dont care for in season firings but you can tell this team doesnt give two craps anymore.  Get Riley out and lets just move on. 

I can't believe Im saying this, but I don't even want to watch this product anymore this season. Unbelievable.

- I went from hating watching these teams run all over our defense to respecting it. At some point in the game today, I somewhat enjoyed watching Minnesota just because it was refreshing to see a staff do more with less. Complete apathy set in by halftime even though I was hilariously pondering if we could finish the season 2-1 before the game started. :facepalm:

- Felt really bad for Mick when they showed him after the TD. There is some quit for sure, but there are some players giving it their all and I can’t imagine what they feel.

- I don’t think any assistant should be retained besides Parella. Let Frost or whoever is the next coach clean house if he feels like it. I’m really tired of these coaches firing shots at each other.

- It can still get worse despite knowing these next two games should be blowouts. I wonder what the combined score will be.

- Schaefer mentioned attrition is coming. I’m nervous for this off-season even if we make the right hire.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

-Plus1Plus1 

- I don’t think any assistant should be retained besides Parella. Let Frost or whoever is the next coach clean house if he feels like it. I’m really tired of these coaches firing shots at each other.

No one should be retained from this dumpster fire.  Clean house completely.  If that means you sweep out some of the good with the bad, well so be it.  The good will find another home.

Just now, commando said:

not sure we gain anything by firing him now.  this is already a lost season and no one we can put in place temporarily will change that.   let's just hope the next coach can rebuild this mess.

Its not about having anyone better to step in or about winning either of the two remaining farces. I think it needs to be now to stop the players from being influenced (damaged) by this staff any more and possibly to give them a little something to play for. They sure haven’t been inspired to do anything for Riley, Diaco or Langsdorf. Moos also has to be concerned about placating a very dissatisfied fan base. If the announcement is not made before the Iowa game, I can easily see the stadium less than1/3 full....at the beginning of the game. I mean really, at this point I would have to wonder about anyone who would show up to watch a Riley coached team. But, I can see the fans showing up to support the players and program after you know that Riley and crew are gone. It is serving absolutely no purpose to retain this staff any longer and is causing more harm than good. 

We are worse than I thought we were last week.

Spielman is a baller. 

With experience and the right staff POB could do well.

I didn't see anything positive from the D.

The 3 time outs at the end was an embarrassment IMHO.  Like getting a TD, would erase your lack if coaching.

This staff has no ability to recognize or develop talent. The two best blocks I've seen all season were from Bo Wilson...

The defensive scheme is the worst I have seen.  Arm tackling, timid, not physical..

i think the team team is truly physically and mentally beat.

Our S&C is lacking..

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I learned that Riley lovers forget to post on Saturday

We should probably quit acting like Riley lovers are an actual thing. I can only come up with 3 names of people on this board who would possibly fall into that category, and 2 of those aren’t really arguing to keep him. Seems like a lot of wasted effort to worry about the fringe <1%.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

Its not about having anyone better to step in or about winning either of the two remaining farces. I think it needs to be now to stop the players from being influenced (damaged) by this staff any more and possibly to give them a little something to play for. They sure haven’t been inspired to do anything for Riley, Diaco or Langsdorf. Moos also has to be concerned about placating a very dissatisfied fan base. If the announcement is not made before the Iowa game, I can easily see the stadium less than1/3 full....at the beginning of the game. I mean really, at this point I would have to wonder about anyone who would show up to watch a Riley coached team. But, I can see the fans showing up to support the players and program after you know that Riley and crew are gone. It is serving absolutely no purpose to retain this staff any longer and is causing more harm than good. 

lol...is there anyone that thinks riley isn't gone after the season?     

1 minute ago, El Diaco said:

We should probably quit acting like Riley lovers are an actual thing. I can only come up with 3 names of people on this board who would possibly fall into that category, and 2 of those aren’t really arguing to keep him. Seems like a lot of wasted effort to worry about the fringe <1%.

3?  Good gravy...that is more than I thought.  Who are they?