What did we learn?....Minnesota

The way the top teams are playing UCF has a ligitimate shot at the playoff.  Or they should split those teams to a separate division and stop pretending they are Division I.

This game.  Nothing.  If I was the new coach I'd watch this game closely on film and determine my scout team from it.

• Plus1 2

I predict Penn State racks 700 yards on us easily and we get humiliated at home to Iowa for our last game. Next morning, MOOS finally makes his much anticipated speech thanking Riley for all the gum he chewed over the past three years and states that he did not come to Nebraska for a 4-8 record. I just ask one thing from Moos, please do not mention any teams’ names in your speech. Eichorst made fun of Iowa and over the past three years, I would have loved to be IOWA. Of course, I would have much more respect for Moos if he did that tomorrow and ended our misery. At least then, we can all move on. This has been a living nightmare.

57 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Your comments were completely meant as an insult. Nevertheless, have you seen how Wisconsin defense plays? I am not suggesting you force Scott Frost to hire anyone. I was just stating my opinion that the combination of the two would be an excellent choice and that we should open the check books and make it happen if that were possible. At this point, I would be happy with Scott Frost brining anyone. By the way, i suggest you watch the Wisconsin Iowa game and watch Wisconsin’s defense before you state that it is a bad idea.

It’s a bad idea to hire assistant coaches for a yet to be named coaching staff?  Lol

2 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Bring Jim Leonhard, defensive coordinator for Wisconsin to Nebraska. Open the check book and pay him more than what Wisconsin is paying him and bring Scott Frost. Two young guys that can really shape the team and have a future. Stop bringing mummies that want to retire.

lol, Jim Leonhard is from Tony WI, he walked on to UW and had a great career. You're not going to be able to poach him. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Excel said:

lol, Jim Leonhard is from Tony WI, he walked on to UW and had a great career. You're not going to be able to poach him. 

Heard the announcers during the Wis-Iowa game mention that Wisc HC, OC, DC all played for Wisconsin, mentioned something about the importance of culture......maybe we should try something like that.

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

Heard the announcers during the Wis-Iowa game mention that Wisc HC, OC, DC all played for Wisconsin, mentioned something about the importance of culture......maybe we should try something like that.

Wtf is a culture?  Statue QB's and Prevent Defense is where it's at!

Edited by Redux

16 minutes ago, Excel said:

That's pretty much what I said a little earlier.  Although I also asked why that person thought we could even hire Leonhard ?Leonard??

We're (right now) a sinking ship, a dumpster fire, a "how-to" on playing inept football...there is zero reason to even think that Leonard would leave Wisconsin.  (For Nebraska anyway.)

7 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

That's pretty much what I said a little earlier.  Although I also asked why that person thought we could even hire Leonhard ?Leonard??

We're (right now) a sinking ship, a dumpster fire, a "how-to" on playing inept football...there is zero reason to even think that Leonard would leave Wisconsin.  (For Nebraska anyway.)

I grew up about 45 minutes down the highway from Tony and 10 years after Leonhard. He's still very plugged in to the Northwoods area despite being far from Madison and I don't see him leaving anytime soon. I see him evolving in to a coach-in-waiting, the only way he leaves is if there's some kind of falling out between coaches . He's not the type that would leave for money. 

Edited by Excel
1 minute ago, Dan_F_31 said:

I don't get it either. The Dline is part of the problem in the rush D

The DL's main job in any 3-4 defense is to occupy the OL so the LB's can make the plays.  In Diaco's scheme, the DL is supposed "squeeze" the pocket and force the QB to throw in a narrowing pocket which, theoretically, obscures his view, makes throwing accurately more difficult, and makes escaping out of the pocket more difficult.

Any pressure a DL gets on a QB in a 3-4 is merely "icing" on the cake.

• Plus1 1