What did we learn?....Minnesota

We learned that Mike Riley, with his candi-a$$ed Calibraska, boys, suck!  We need to clean house.  Oh, and get rid of Devaney while you are at it.  That guy is a total zero.  He was a zero at the RAMS (where I lived and went to several games in St Louis).  I hope Scott Frost wants to come home.  But, if he doesn't let's get the best coach we can, and turn this sinking ship around!!!

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, roadrat said:

Don't you understand the strain the players are going through by having to play football.

Oh the strain...no sacks...Football Bob has no idea what he is doing.  Why we would hire a coach who had a losing record at UCONN, my goodness, Eichorst and Riley were clueless on this selection.

On 11/11/2017 at 10:09 PM, Nebhawk said:

That defense was solid, but it was Suh.  HE was dominant, not the whole defense.  I find it funny how skewed this gets as time passes.  Pelini and his early years were with Callahans guys as well.  We are now alot of years removed from having a Top 10 recruiting class (Cally did) and Pelini won with it.  Almost 10 years removed from having that kind of recruiting class.  7-8 years removed from having those players here on either side of the ball.  I will once again say that I don't like recruiting numbers.  Its been proven in the past that when we recruit a player, he is automatically given  one more star.  That same player goes to Iowa, he is a 3 star instead of a 4 star.  Skewed.  Don't buy into those numbers that get thrown out.  Our players quit today.  No matter who the coach is, you don't quit while wearing the uni on the field.  I don't care who stays or goes from this team.  We need a whole new culture.

The 2009 Defense was a team effort, not just Suh.  Suh did enable the team to get better/ be great by drawing attention, but also his leadership.  They were more than solid.  They were the best in the country.  There was not a school in the nation that could reliably move the ball on them.  NONE.  In fact blue chip offensive linemen from Texas were laying on their face, too embarrased to go back to their own huddle.

It is one thing to have a defense that is solid.  It is another thing to have a defense that you can count on to go out there and win the game for you, and score a touchdown themselves.

For example if we take Suh and put him on this year's D with these coaches, do you think we hold teams to less than 12 points a game Average?  I don't.  

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

The 2009 Defense was a team effort, not just Suh.  Suh did enable the team to get better/ be great by drawing attention, but also his leadership.  They were more than solid.  They were the best in the country.  There was not a school in the nation that could reliably move the ball on them.  NONE.  In fact blue chip offensive linemen from Texas were laying on their face, too embarrased to go back to their own huddle.

It is one thing to have a defense that is solid.  It is another thing to have a defense that you can count on to go out there and win the game for you, and score a touchdown themselves.

For example if we take Suh and put him on this year's D with these coaches, do you think we hold teams to less than 12 points a game Average?  I don't.  

The 2009 defense was way more than just Suh.  There was talent all over the field, and Bo did a great job of moving that talent into the right places.

These were the guys besides Suh that played in the NFL from that played a lot on that defense:  Prince Amukamara, Larry Asante, Jared Crick, Alfonzo Dennard, Phillp Dillard, Dejon Gomes, Eric Hagg (Will Compton was a redshirt frosh that season, so I don't think he played a ton).

• Plus1 2

On 11/13/2017 at 9:41 AM, 4skers89 said:

Next week it will be Barkley for Heisman!  

Players of the week: Someone from Ohio St. and anybody Nebraska plays.  OMG we really suck.  These other teams at least show up with enough pluck to upset somebody, but you just know we aint beatinv nobody.  WOW