What did we learn?....Minnesota

Guys this has been long coming. The writing was on the wall and etched in stone when TO retired. There was no REAL effort to get a REAL head coach after TO and we all know why. I mean seriously, who the hell wants to come to Nebraska? Our weather generally sucks, there is nothing here to really do, the taxes are seriously over the top- shall I go on?

This applies for both players and coaches. What about family life here- imagine it- try talking your wife and kids into moving to NEBRASKA- REALLY?

If I wasn't born here and lived here for 53 years there is no way I would live here. This ain't on MIke Riley. This is on the defensive coach and the TEAM itself.

All that being said, where are the past Nebraska players in all of this? NO where to be found- ever wonder why?

Well one went to UNO, almost forgot that one, but wait, that same ex-player ousted UNO football...gone, gone, gone. So much for junior college level walk on's. Lets not forget what radio station now has the rights to Husker football- pathetic! I mean Harry Husker is even dead!

And I quote: "I believe the potential for UNO's athletic programs is unlimited. This new chapter in my life will be exciting for me and for my family. I had an amazing experience as a college athlete. For several years now, I’ve wanted to return to college athletics and give something back. This position at UNO is a privilege." —Alberts upon assuming the UNO job

And the REAL TRUTH- More here- http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=6488960

What of Solitch- why was he REALLY fired? "Solich's 58 wins during his first six seasons as Nebraska's head coach exceeded those of his predecessors, Bob Devaney (53 wins) and Osborne (55 wins), both of whom are in the College Football Hall of Fame.[1] But Solich won only one Big 12 North title and conference championship in six seasons and had a 1–9 record on the road against ranked teams (0–9 in conference play), and the team had a drop-off in offensive production"

Tradition? What F'ing tradition, it died when TO retired.

All that is left is greed, cry baby morons at UNL with personal concerns not involving football. Expectations of perfection-  But these same people sure love the money that football brings to the University.

• Plus1 1

POB has the ability to scramble for a few yards unlike Lee.

Spielman runs great routes, has sure hands and gives it his all on every play..... he is the bright spot on the offense.  

Our O Line makes me want to puke... it soooo bad.

Our entire D is embarrassing.

Tackling.....it looks more like we practiced at all the different ways to miss tackles.

There is no fire on the team at all and zero leadership trying keep the team motivated.

Special team on kicks needs serious work.

WE ARE A DUMPSTER FIRE.

Edited by adc7236

46 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

- I went from hating watching these teams run all over our defense to respecting it. At some point in the game today, I somewhat enjoyed watching Minnesota just because it was refreshing to see a staff do more with less. Complete apathy set in by halftime even though I was hilariously pondering if we could finish the season 2-1 before the game started. :facepalm:

- Felt really bad for Mick when they showed him after the TD. There is some quit for sure, but there are some players giving it their all and I can’t imagine what they feel.

- I don’t think any assistant should be retained besides Parella. Let Frost or whoever is the next coach clean house if he feels like it. I’m really tired of these coaches firing shots at each other.

- It can still get worse despite knowing these next two games should be blowouts. I wonder what the combined score will be.

- Schaefer mentioned attrition is coming. I’m nervous for this off-season even if we make the right hire.

Why would you think Parella should be retained. That DL is horrible weakness.

• Plus1 1

I learned that we have some good players on this team that deserve a REAL coach not a coach who has no winning bone in his entire body. SPEILMAN, POB, LINDSEY, HOPPES, MORGAN JR, are all excellent players who have not had the benefit of being coached right. 

I am willing to bet good money that if our team was coached by SABAN, we would be in the hunt right now. Our players talent is wasted on a guy who has retired three years ago.

1 minute ago, El Diaco said:

Wont even deny it :D

Ill start a new thread to help gather ideas. Frott Scost is always an option but I’m giving Rike Miley first dibs. He’s more overdue for a change than I am.

El Frosto is always an option.

ADS could always be Football Guy Scott

Rike has to be  Frott Scost, no other option.