Poll: When to fire Riley (In Your Opinion)

When should Moos fire Riley? (In Your Opinion)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. When should Moos fire Riley?

• Yesterday. Or, As Soon As Possible.
    • Let him finish the season. Fire him right after Black Friday, as is Husker tradition. Or for another reason. Like recruiting.
    • I'm not 100% sold on firing Riley.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2017 at 08:24 PM

I wanted him fired mid-season; as I predicted the team would quit on him and player development would come to a halt...

At this point, the damage is done. Firing him RN comes with very few positives. Maybe the players get invigorated because its the "beginning of a new chapter," but realistically, you're going against one bad Penn St. team, and an Iowa team that looks far more powerful than Minn, who just roll'd you. I don't see the team getting up for those games; MR, or not.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if MR was canned tomorrow; but I also wouldn't mind allowing our new AD be a man of his word, and let this dumpster fire flame out.

4 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

I wanted him fired mid-season; as I predicted the team would quit on him and player development would come to a halt...

At this point, the damage is done. Firing him RN comes with very few positives. Maybe the players get invigorated because its the "beginning of a new chapter," but realistically, you're going against one bad Penn St. team, and an Iowa team that looks far more powerful than Minn, who just roll'd you. I don't see the team getting up for those games; MR, or not.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if MR was canned tomorrow; but I also wouldn't mind allowing our new AD be a man of his word, and let this dumpster fire flame out.

It realistically probably doesn't matter either way, but if any coach ever deserved to be fired for a totally underwhelmingly coached game, where their opponent was considered equal caliber yet totally dominated, this is the coach and this is the game.  This is worse than NIU.

Don't really care, today, tomorrow or moments after the the Iowa game. My gut tells me it makes more sense to do it now. Before todays game I would've said let him finish the season but it is obvious now he has lost the team completely and the players are getting no benefit from this staff. Based on what I've seen anything they could be teaching them is probably completely wrong. If it's now, that is 2 or 3 weeks less deprogramming that has to be accomplished by they next guy.  Not winning anymore games or going bowling either way so it doesn't make much diff.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, MacNCheeze said:

On a side note for your sig...we have confirmation that the bits of broken chair was at the game but sadly it didnt go home with us.

That might be due to the lack of "official" status, if I had to guess.  No doubt it will be displayed in its designated Minnesota location for at least the next year.

time and persistence will win out.  The nonprofit organizations that are associated with it won't let it "disappear" again.

4 hours ago, Football Guy Bob said:

After the Iowa game.  You don’t gain or lose anything by doing it now.

I think you do gain something.  You gain removing a head coach who looks defeated and remove that  general culture of hopelessness.   I realize that an interim coach isn't going to perform miracles, but let's face it, the season is over functionally.   Let's start reversing the toxic atmosphere of losing and start sanitizing the environment for the new coach coming on board.

• Plus1 2

Is there an option where we fire Riley as head coach but retain him as the equipment cleaning boy? I mean we are paying him so much and he does not deserve to retire in Oregon with our hard earned money when he has put out such a miserable output on the field. He has to earn his money somehow. How about Gatorade boy! Something other than head coach. This must be done immediately before his incompetence shows up again next week. 

Riley after next week’s game: “we were surprised by Sequon Barkley running the ball so much. We did not prepare for that. We thought he was going to play receiver!”. His explanations are more idiotic than the team’s performance. Between him and Diaco, I feel like we live in bizzaro world.

3 hours ago, MKMScat20 said:

Gotta say, my dad and I both wanted him gone after his complete mismanagement of the clock in his first game against BYU.  

Nice guy, but was never meant to coach at DONU.  

That we wouldn't rotate O-linemen even though it was over 100degrees on the field told me what a stubborn SOB Cavanaugh is right out of the gate.  Riley's post-game told me we hired a coach that has gotten used to losing. 

• Plus1 1