Poll: When to fire Riley (In Your Opinion)

When should Moos fire Riley? (In Your Opinion)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. When should Moos fire Riley?

• Yesterday. Or, As Soon As Possible.
    • Let him finish the season. Fire him right after Black Friday, as is Husker tradition. Or for another reason. Like recruiting.
    • I'm not 100% sold on firing Riley.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2017 at 08:24 PM

52 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Is there an option where we fire Riley as head coach but retain him as the equipment cleaning boy? I mean we are paying him so much and he does not deserve to retire in Oregon with our hard earned money when he has put out such a miserable output on the field. He has to earn his money somehow. How about Gatorade boy! Something other than head coach. This must be done immediately before his incompetence shows up again next week. 

Riley after next week’s game: “we were surprised by Sequon Barkley running the ball so much. We did not prepare for that. We thought he was going to play receiver!”. His explanations are more idiotic than the team’s performance. Between him and Diaco, I feel like we live in bizzaro world.

21 hours ago, neepster said:

It realistically probably doesn't matter either way, but if any coach ever deserved to be fired for a totally underwhelmingly coached game, where their opponent was considered equal caliber yet totally dominated, this is the coach and this is the game.  This is worse than NIU.

I agree... my argument is just that it brings no positive benefits to fire him now; and it kinda makes our AD look bad by going against his word... although, again, personally, I wouldn’t mind if our AD fired him or not.

If Tn an Fl can say enough is enough, why can't NU.  After watching that total mess, do we not have any pride left.  I've been watching NU football since 1970 - this in my estimation is the lowest of the low points.  We lose by 33 pts to a 4-5 team.  The only reason it isn't jump out the window time is because I know a change is coming.  Wt change "Hope springs eternal.   MR looks clueless on the sideline. Notice the difference in energy from MR vs Minny's coach!!!  He isn't motivating his team. What value is there in not announcing his dismissal now? The AD can basically tell the players - "the last 2 games you are auditioning for the new HC who will review film. Play your best."

I would have the interim HC tell the seniors to (esp on the OL) to take the bench and give the younger guys the opportunity to prove themselves.  This Senior class has shown zero leadership (perhaps reflecting MR, Langs and Cav - Diaco is just crazy off the charts). The seniors show no NU pride - sit them and play the young guys.  Give them game experience.  We have nothing to lose at this point - PSU and Iowa are setting up to be disasters anyway. 

Some wild eye ideas if I were AD:

1.  Let MR go now - his firing is a foregone conclusion.  Letting him go now sends a clear message to the fans and the players - we won't tolerate incompetence & mediocrity at NU.

2.  Do the Barry Alvarez thing and lead the team yourself for 2 games.  None of these coaches have proven to be worthy of the honor of  being named IHC. 

3.  Sit the seniors and Jrs who are under performing and start 'spring training' early by playing the younger guys.  

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

If Tn an Fl can say enough is enough, why can't NU.

It's not able if NU can, it's about if NU should. For all we know, Frost turned down FL and TN because of how they fired their coaches. And there may be other coaches out there besides Frost that may have the same issue with those schools. Or maybe Frost has said he's interested in the NU job but wants to finish out his season uninterrupted, so the current AD doesn't want to rock the boat before our last game. 

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's not able if NU can, it's about if NU should. For all we know, Frost turned down FL and TN because of how they fired their coaches. And there may be other coaches out there besides Frost that may have the same issue with those schools. Or maybe Frost has said he's interested in the NU job but wants to finish out his season uninterrupted, so the current AD doesn't want to rock the boat before our last game. 

very true.   It may send the wrong message to the future coach  - I'll give you those points:thumbs

The Bold: Do we know that SF turned down FL and TN?