Poll: When to fire Riley (In Your Opinion)

When should Moos fire Riley? (In Your Opinion)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. When should Moos fire Riley?

• Yesterday. Or, As Soon As Possible.
    • Let him finish the season. Fire him right after Black Friday, as is Husker tradition. Or for another reason. Like recruiting.
    • I'm not 100% sold on firing Riley.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2017 at 08:24 PM

Riley doesnt even seem to care that he just got blown out by, some would say, the former worst team in the division.  Well, why should he?  He gets his big fat paychecks regardless of win or loss, he`s just gotta coast until his big fat buyout and sail off into the sunset, aw shucks.

I say they should fire his ass and cut off all money now, let him sue, tie him up and drain him in litigation for the nxt 5 yrs.  These coaches gotta be held accountable for coming in and taking a s#!t on what Devaney and Osborne built over decades.

Edited by Big Red Commie

Our next coach, whether Frost or someone else, is coaching their own team through the remainder of the season.  Firing him now accomplishes absolutely nothing other than costing the university more money because they would have to pay interim pay to someone for two games.  

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Firing him now does absolutely nothing. 

With him we lose the next two games, without him we lose the next two games. But getting him out now can relax the fan base to know something was done about this awful performance and he for sure wont be back next year.

Tennessee fired Jones two weeks before the end of the season and got no negative feed back.

17 minutes ago, Big Red Commie said:

Riley doesnt even seem to care that he just got blown out by, some would say, the former worst team in the division.  Well, why should he?  He gets his big fat paychecks regardless of win or loss, he`s just gotta coast until his big fat buyout and sail off into the sunset, aw shucks.

I say they should fire his ass and cut off all money now, let him sue, tie him up and drain him in litigation for the nxt 5 yrs.  These coaches gotta be held accountable for coming in and taking a s#!t on what Devaney and Osborne built over decades.

That's ridiculous. Riley would win easily in court and Nebraska would struggle to sign a coach in any sport for years to come.

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

BM said he doesn't fire during the season.  It would look pretty bad on him if went against his word this early in his tenure here.

I don't know if it would make Moos "look bad" considering how bad the team has performed since Moos officially took over.  I am sure there would be questions about what Moos said when he was hired, but Moos could word it as "I didn't want the program to decline any further, and I didn't want to see the players be left in an unknown situation".  But, at this point, I don't see the harm in keeping Riley around for another 12 days, and have him fired the Saturday after Iowa.

12 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

With him we lose the next two games, without him we lose the next two games. But getting him out now can relax the fan base to know something was done about this awful performance and he for sure wont be back next year.

Tennessee fired Jones two weeks before the end of the season and got no negative feed back.

Anyone paying a modicum of attention knows what is going to happen after the Iowa game. If you're worked up that Riley is still here, that's your own fault. 

• Plus1 3
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't know if it would make Moos "look bad" considering how bad the team has performed since Moos officially took over.  I am sure there would be questions about what Moos said when he was hired, but Moos could word it as "I didn't want the program to decline any further, and I didn't want to see the players be left in an unknown situation".  But, at this point, I don't see the harm in keeping Riley around for another 12 days, and have him fired the Saturday after Iowa.  second the clock hits 00:00 of the Iowa game at mid-field in front of everyone.

Fixed that for you.

1 minute ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I would prefer firing him after Penn St and letting Riley coach the Iowa game. It clears all "doubt" and gives Riley one more game to chew bubble gum. I think that's being gracious to all parties.

I have been thinking about that situation, too, and that could be the best approach.

1.  Moos is able to deliver the decision to Riley and the team, before the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.  I know a lot of players take off Friday after the game, especially since it's a home game.

2.  You are able to let Riley coach out the remainder of the season and maybe his players will give him extra effort for one last game (which would be a nice kick in the nuts to Iowa).

• Plus1 2