Poll: When to fire Riley (In Your Opinion)

When should Moos fire Riley? (In Your Opinion)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. When should Moos fire Riley?

• Yesterday. Or, As Soon As Possible.
    • Let him finish the season. Fire him right after Black Friday, as is Husker tradition. Or for another reason. Like recruiting.
    • I'm not 100% sold on firing Riley.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2017 at 08:24 PM

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have been thinking about that situation, too, and that could be the best approach.

1.  Moos is able to deliver the decision to Riley and the team, before the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.  I know a lot of players take off Friday after the game, especially since it's a home game.

2.  You are able to let Riley coach out the remainder of the season and maybe his players will give him extra effort for one last game (which would be a nice kick in the nuts to Iowa).

Maybe that is reasonable solution.  Maybe the players do  a 'win one for the Gibber' and surprise Iowa.

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have been thinking about that situation, too, and that could be the best approach.

1.  Moos is able to deliver the decision to Riley and the team, before the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.  I know a lot of players take off Friday after the game, especially since it's a home game.

2.  You are able to let Riley coach out the remainder of the season and maybe his players will give him extra effort for one last game (which would be a nice kick in the nuts to Iowa).

I'm not saying I care about +1's but...

• Plus1 1
On 11/11/2017 at 6:03 PM, KCBuc said:

Other than Parella, there is no one on the staff worth two cents. Doubt he wants anything to do with the beat down that's coming the next two weeks. He may be the only one with a job when the pink slips come. Hope it helps. 

Other than being a link to the glory days, what have you seen that makes Parella worth two cents? 

No matter what Diaco does, Parella would still be in position to teach the DL technique and attitude. When these teams have been running through Nebraska, they've been running through Parella's linemen. When opposing quarterbacks throw flatfooted under minimal pressure, that's on the DL, too. 

Maybe Parella does fine with the same talent and a fresh start, but you could make that argument for everyone.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Other than being a link to the glory days, what have you seen that makes Parella worth two cents? 

No matter what Diaco does, Parella would still be in position to teach the DL technique and attitude. When these teams have been running through Nebraska, they've been running through Parella's linemen. When opposing quarterbacks throw flatfooted under minimal pressure, that's on the DL, too. 

Maybe Parella does fine with the same talent and a fresh start, but you could make that argument for everyone.

This. Parella hasn't done much to warrant retaining his services. 

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

100% agree.  I think one of the beat writers brought up this scenario on Sunday as well.

• Plus1 1