The Democrat Utopia

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Eh, even the article admits "experience" is open to interpretation, and Hillary Clinton would still probably fit into the "in our lifetime" category.

It's interesting how much weight they throw to a Governorship, which certainly has relevance in terms of administrative skill, but doesn't cover the experience of working in Washington, often a very different animal and a notorious frustration to outsiders. Interesting, too, that they hail Presidents who held multiple ambassadorships, as that would be a fraction of the experience a former Secretary of State brings to the table. The difference between being a businessman and a corporate lawyer depends on the business and the perspective, but Hillary Clinton is far from naive about how money works in this country.

Again, I don't know how you could possibly overlook the unprecedented 8 years of living in the White House as the closest advisor to the President as the most relevant experience imaginable --- unless you simply want to diminish her as a woman and a wife.  

You know what Donald Trump calls "the biggest witch hunt of all time?"  That's what Hillary Clinton calls "Tuesday." 

And again, I ended up holding Hillary Clinton's experience against her. I wanted someone a lot fresher.

I feel like anything I throw out you will not accept. 

There were Presidents with many more years in government even if you count her First Lady years. 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Interesting tidbit at the end of the first link:

and good ending to the Vox article:

But all that experience meant little. Buchanan went down in history as the man who couldn’t stop the impending Civil War, and Lincoln ended up with the giant memorial on the National Mall for saving the Union.

Time will tell...

But somehow I don't think we wind up with any monuments to Trump gracing Washington. Also, to much irony, I don't think he ever winds up on any currency.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy.

I'm not going to quote anything from this story because it's extremely graphic. Frankly it was hard to finish. But it's important to digest fully and it's important to make clear no one is above the law, no matter their position or how much we agree or disagree with their politics. 

This is the guy who led the charge on the Trump University lawsuit. He was also presumably working hand in hand with Mueller to coordinate state level charges should Trump try to pardon away the federal crimes of any of his cronies. But none of that really matters. He's resigned, as he damn well should have. I'm not sure what the proper remedy is for this. I hope for this guy's sake, he gets the help he needs with his drinking & drug abuse problems. I seriously hope he can get clean & start working his way back towards healthy relationships with people again. This story depicts him as an absolute monster.

I feel so bad for these women & what they've been through. Unspeakable abuses.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Oh boy.

I'm not going to quote anything from this story because it's extremely graphic. Frankly it was hard to finish. But it's important to digest fully and it's important to make clear no one is above the law, no matter their position or how much we agree or disagree with their politics. 

This is the guy who led the charge on the Trump University lawsuit. He was also presumably working hand in hand with Mueller to coordinate state level charges should Trump try to pardon away the federal crimes of any of his cronies. But none of that really matters. He's resigned, as he damn well should have. I'm not sure what the proper remedy is for this. I hope for this guy's sake, he gets the help he needs with his drinking & drug abuse problems. I seriously hope he can get clean & start working his way back towards healthy relationships with people again. This story depicts him as an absolute monster.

I feel so bad for these women & what they've been through. Unspeakable abuses.

Trump hinted at secrets of Russian investigators coming out over the weekend.  I wonder if he knew this was coming and are there more?

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Trump hinted at secrets of Russian investigators coming out over the weekend.  I wonder if he knew this was coming and are there more?

It's pretty gross but I read that Trump views this as a win for him since Schneiderman had been someone that had publicly taken him on. Another one of his enemies vanquished, I guess.

• 4 months later...

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Trying to decide if a cardboard cutout is sexual harassment. I suppose if it said the C word I wouldn’t be too happy to receive it but if it was just a penis I’d probably laugh.

I’m not sure what he’s talking about with sexual violence but I wouldn’t be shocked to hear he’s exaggerating. Also, it’s funny seeing a GOP senator (especially Hatch) act like he has the high ground, condemning random constituents instead of actual politicians/leaders of the GOP who are supposed to be better than the average Joe.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Trying to decide if a cardboard cutout is sexual harassment. I suppose if it said the C word I wouldn’t be too happy to receive it but if it was just a penis I’d probably laugh.

I’m not sure what he’s talking about with sexual violence but I wouldn’t be shocked to hear he’s exaggerating. Also, it’s funny seeing a GOP senator (especially Hatch) act like he has the high ground, condemning random constituents instead of actual politicians/leaders of the GOP who are supposed to be better than the average Joe.

It's harassment, either way, he's right on that and he's right it should be condemned, but... then he's using it as a soapbox to assign blame and condemn the entire left, like we all collectively chipped in to send her a huge dick (when lets be honest, she's got a few hundred of them already in the building with her everyday, including him).  It should be referred to law enforcement and the individual responsible should be dealt with that way, same as any other threats or inappropriate harassment.

22 minutes ago, methodical said:

It's harassment, either way, he's right on that and he's right it should be condemned, but... then he's using it as a soapbox to assign blame and condemn the entire left, like we all collectively chipped in to send her a huge dick (when lets be honest, she's got a few hundred of them already in the building with her everyday, including him).  It should be referred to law enforcement and the individual responsible should be dealt with that way, same as any other threats or inappropriate harassment.

I think I'm having trouble getting past how funny I think it'd be to get a giant cardboard dick. I'd probably put it on display except when my mom visited me.

• Haha 1

Sen. Orrin Hatch calls Obamacare supporters 'stupidest, dumbass people'

Yep, the math checks out. This guy is a dick.

He's right in this instance, he's just a huge hypocrite. It must be easy for another rich old white dude that's been a Senator to tell women to hush down and be quiet when they're trying to install the guy that's going to overturn Roe and take their bodily autonomy away from them, but it's not like Hatch probably cares anyway. I imagine he thinks its the morally correct thing to do.

• Plus1 2