The Democrat Utopia

On 4/25/2018 at 5:31 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Eh, even the article admits "experience" is open to interpretation, and Hillary Clinton would still probably fit into the "in our lifetime" category.

It's interesting how much weight they throw to a Governorship, which certainly has relevance in terms of administrative skill, but doesn't cover the experience of working in Washington, often a very different animal and a notorious frustration to outsiders. Interesting, too, that they hail Presidents who held multiple ambassadorships, as that would be a fraction of the experience a former Secretary of State brings to the table. The difference between being a businessman and a corporate lawyer depends on the business and the perspective, but Hillary Clinton is far from naive about how money works in this country.

Again, I don't know how you could possibly overlook the unprecedented 8 years of living in the White House as the closest advisor to the President as the most relevant experience imaginable --- unless you simply want to diminish her as a woman and a wife.  

You know what Donald Trump calls "the biggest witch hunt of all time?"  That's what Hillary Clinton calls "Tuesday." 

And again, I ended up holding Hillary Clinton's experience against her. I wanted someone a lot fresher.

Hillary was an abject failure as a First Wife, Senator, and Secretary of State. It’s very tough for her defenders to find anything she actually accomplished. But then, it’s awfully tough to find any of those roles that she earned on merit to begin with.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2018 at 7:26 PM, Ric Flair said:

Hillary was an abject failure as a First Wife, Senator, and Secretary of State. It’s very tough for her defenders to find anything she actually accomplished. But then, it’s awfully tough to find any of those roles that she earned on merit to begin with.

So, instead we vote in an incompetent blubbering idiot with absolutely ZERO governmental experience and has since proven that he has no clue how to do the job and try to say he is better.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good job bill and Hillary. Now go campaign for Dems claiming you are fighting for women’s equality. 

I'll point out first that I think Clinton is probably a rapist.

Now that's out of the way, without knowing the details of the relationship, you can't know it was an abuse of power. 22 year old women aren't all helpless porcelain dolls. She was old enough to have possibly even gone after him or been perfectly fine and excited about the whole thing. I don't like the view of her as helpless because it implies young women are helpless and can't make their own choices. It certainly could be that it was an abuse of power but it just depends on the dynamic of the relationship, how mature she was, whether he took advantage of their positions, whether she thought she could say no, etc. If she thought she couldn't say no, then that could be an abuse of power. I don't think a woman who pursues a rock star is being taken advantage of or that the rock star is abusing his power if he lets her pursue him.

48 minutes ago, Landlord said:

It was an abuse of power because he was the President and she was a White House intern.

Has nothing to do with her being helpless or immature.

I don’t think a boss in a boss and employee relationship is necessarily abusing his/her power. It depends on the dynamic of the relationship. The view that it is necessarily an abuse of power has something to do with how people view women, especially women that age, imho. 

The phrase “abuse of power” implies some amount of helplessness.

Hypothetical: What if she became an intern just so she could try to seduce Bill Clinton with her feminine wiles? That most likely isn’t what happened, but my argument is this isn’t an abuse of power by default. That’s the part that bothers me. Is it not possible that a 22 year old woman can want something like that and go after it? Is his letting it happen an abuse of power? That’s one argument I’m willing to consider. 

• Plus1 1