Non-Scott Frost Coaching Options

Roger Dorn

I've seen a thread similar to this before but couldn't find it so Mods, feel free to merge as needed. 

Anyway, in the event Frost does not end up at Neb (not my top choice for the job but that's for another time), here are some of the obvious and not so obvious choices that I like. 

Obviosuly Stoops and Chip Kelly top this list but assuming they say no...

Big fan of Dave Doeren at NC State, from Kansas and played at Drake so he's a midwestern guy. Was DC at Wiscy then HC at Northern Illinois and now NC State. I really like how he has developed a great Dline and has shown the ability to coach well in big games. I think if he were to get a dynamic OC (similar situation to a Moorhead) then that could be very successful here at Neb. 

Also think Beilema could be a great option.

While I don't love the fact that Bret is a former Wiscy HC, he ran a power run offense and played good defense. They also made back to back rose bowls and consistently dominated us, not sure why we wouldn't be interested in that.

And considering the fact that we do still have a HC, I figured this was the appropriate forum.

I get why people would think about him, but -- consider this: how successful have previous Wisconsin coaches been when they leave Madison?  It's no wonder they can plug and play with coaching turnover like they do... it's their culture and it's pretty much beaten into coaches that way.  

He could be a world beater here, but he's still one of the biggest douches I've ever seen.

• Plus1 3
29 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Not a coach I want now but Will Healy - Austin Peay coach will be a hot commodity in a couple years. Took over in ‘16 and record isn’t great now but team plays well and trending in right direction. 

Austin Peay records

’12 2-9

’13 0-12

’14 1-11

’15 0-11

’16 0-11

’17 7-4

The only game I've seen was the UCF game, and they really did some good things. I can see this.

• Plus1 1

Sumlin hasnt really done anything all that special at A&M.  He has had great recruiting classes but the team always gets overhyped then goes nowhere. 

I think Fuente and Campbell need to be at the top of the list although either one i think would be hard for us to pry away. If I can put my bias aside I would probably choose either one of them over Frost at the moment. 

If Bert is hired i will turn in my season tix and find a new team to root for. If him being a complete DB isnt enough, you dont hire a coach who will probably be getting fired at the end of the season. You dont fire a coach and replace him with a coach who just got fired if you're a P5 school.

• Plus1 6