Non-Scott Frost Coaching Options

Roger Dorn

Just now, Mavric said:

I get the part where he kicked the snot out of us on more than one occasion.  Pretty bad reason to not want him here but I can see that part of it.

The second part is what I don't follow.  Lots of references to his personality but I'm not sure where that is coming from.

Me either but I haven't heard Alot of interviews with him.maybe it's his wife?The guy ran a system in Wisconsin than Nebraskans love.

41 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Honest question - just to have something a little different to talk about:

What is everyone's problem with Bielema?  Not that he's at the top of my list but I guess I'm not completely anti-him like a lot of people seem to be.  What am I missing/forgetting?

I swear I've asked this question a half-dozen times over the years and never gotten any semblance of an answer.

Every coach has succeeded at Wisconsin under Alvarez. In 5 years at Arkansas he's 29-32 and there's a strong chance he'll be fired. Why fire one .500 coach just to hire another?

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Every coach has succeeded at Wisconsin under Alvarez. In 5 years at Arkansas he's 29-32 and there's a strong chance he'll be fired. Why fire one .500 coach just to hire another?

Like I said, he's not at the top of my list by any means.  Though I don't think it's quite as simple as you make it out to be.

But the near-hatred toward him around here goes back even to our last coaching search so a lot of it isn't his record at Arky.  Many people seem to be against something in his personality but I don't know where that's coming from.

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Like I said, he's not at the top of my list by any means.  Though I don't think it's quite as simple as you make it out to be.

But the near-hatred toward him around here goes back even to our last coaching search so a lot of it isn't his record at Arky.  Many people seem to be against something in his personality but I don't know where that's coming from.

I already posted this, but this type of stuff really doesnt bother you: 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/watch-bret-bielema-draws-a-personal-foul-with-a-strong-flop/

I cant imagine ever having respect for a coach that would interact with players like that. It's so ridiculously unprofessional. 

Brought tough attitude to Razorbacks first couple years, record doesn’t reflect the fact they were in every game to the end. Then something happened and started being a FOOL. Had issue with ex Arkansas running back coach that tweeted a player after he had gotten hurt” for a speedy recovery”Bielema had an issue with him contacting the player.

Acted as if an Alabama player shoved him during a game to draw a personal foul penalty, that’s not coaching big time college football.

Threw his assistant coaches under the bus for loosing.Bottom line it’s his fault for not hiring the right coaches or reqruiting the right players. Check Arkansas web site to see more on a coach who has lost his grip on reality!

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Don’t have a problem with him beating us when at Wisconsin, just he’s LOST HIS MARBLES the last few years! He would make Diaco sound and look sane!

7 minutes ago, HuskerDan said:

Brought tough attitude to Razorbacks first couple years, record doesn’t reflect the fact they were in every game to the end. Then something happened and started being a FOOL. Had issue with ex Arkansas running back coach that tweeted a player after he had gotten hurt” for a speedy recovery”Bielema had an issue with him contacting the player.

Acted as if an Alabama player shoved him during a game to draw a personal foul penalty, that’s not coaching big time college football.

Threw his assistant coaches under the bus for loosing.Bottom line it’s his fault for not hiring the right coaches or reqruiting the right players. Check Arkansas web site to see more on a coach who has lost his grip on reality!

I seem to remember Bert got into some twitter squabbles with Wiscy fans after he left. Maybe it was his wife. The Iowa tattoo is a deal breaker.

In honesty, I think Coach Frost would be good for Nebraska, but still feel there are others that have experience at the Nebraska level.  Going from UCF to Nebraska is a big change in many many ways.  Not a big fan of Chip Kelly, but he has ran a program that is comparative.  I am really concerned who we get if Coach Frost says no.  And how the fan base will react.  A huge kick in the balls, plus the next coach will know they were not even considered to be worthy.  Not a good way to start.  

There have been some very good recommendations, and I fall in line with those.  Matt Campbell seems to have put quite a team together.

I don't know that I really want Coach Frost, but I know he is really all the fan base is going to welcome.    

1 hour ago, Blackshirts014 said:

I already posted this, but this type of stuff really doesnt bother you: 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/watch-bret-bielema-draws-a-personal-foul-with-a-strong-flop/

I cant imagine ever having respect for a coach that would interact with players like that. It's so ridiculously unprofessional. 

I'm not sure I'd say it doesn't bother me.  It's one of those things that if he's your team's coach and he's winning, it's pretty funny.  If he's your teams coach and he's losing or an opponent, it's an easy target.

I think it's pretty poor form but I guess I wouldn't take one instance of one thing happening and form an entire opinion of how good of a coach someone is based on those two seconds.

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not sure I'd say it doesn't bother me.  It's one of those things that if he's your team's coach and he's winning, it's pretty funny.  If he's your teams coach and he's losing or an opponent, it's an easy target.

I think it's pretty poor form but I guess I wouldn't take one instance of one thing happening and form an entire opinion of how good of a coach someone is based on those two seconds.

I can respect that opinion. It is very hard to judge a person off of a single incident like that. For me personally I just think it crosses a huge line for a coach to interact with the other teams players especially in such a childish manner. He is a grown man trying to get in a confrontation with some kid and then on top of it he flops and then dances after.