Tenn fires coach and we still have our giant failure

jauken

27 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Florida fired McElwain because he was caught in a lie that embarrassed the university.  I don't know why Tennessee decided to fire Jones now, but I don't see why we should be looking at them as a shining example of how to operate a football program.  

leap-of-faith1.gif

Well+this+was+an+astounding+leap+in+logi

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

Also protects candidates from having to answer questions about the open HC job at Nebraska.

Actually this may have changed my mind. I didn’t really care much one way or the other before but this is the one and only good reason I’ve seen for not sending him packing now.

1 hour ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Actually this may have changed my mind. I didn’t really care much one way or the other before but this is the one and only good reason I’ve seen for not sending him packing now.

Which is one more good reason than I've seen as to why we should send him packing now.

4 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

The Iowa game isn’t sold out yet?

No no no, don’t misunderstand, I don’t want tickets, I just figured tickets were pre-sold weeks in advance.

As for people actually showing up for the game, we’ll thats another story.

Post 90's I have never had trouble picking up tickets from scalpers on gamedays in Lincoln outside Memorial Stadium...and never paid more than 100.

Just now, 3rd and long said:

Don’t you think they’re getting questioned anyway?  Everyone knows the job is opening. 

Yes but they have an easy out deflecting answer now....”That job isn’t even open”. So it is different. I’d still be very happy if it was announced tomorrow though. Everyone knows it’s inevitable, might as well let everyone involved start moving forward.

• Plus1 1