Tenn fires coach and we still have our giant failure

jauken

8 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

You guys have plenty to be proud of.  We may have beat you in 97, but you won it all in 98.  Tons of players in the pros, including some of the best of all time.  Like I said, Knoxville (and Nashville) are some of my favorite places.  This might turn out to be a blessing and brings fans closer.  Who would have thought that Penn State (truly the seat of that horrible scandal) would turn it around so fast. 

Thanks man. The way Penn State got things turned around so fast after probably the biggest scandal in college athletics ever should give Tennessee and Nebraska fans plenty of hope. We are both just one good coaching hire from being nationally relevant again. Even if we strike out this time, I still hope you guys pull it off and get Frost. That guy even looks somewhat like a young Tom Osbourne...perfect guy at the perfect time for your program! 

• Plus1 2

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:44 PM, Vols1891 said:

He would be way overpaid, but we may be running out of options. This tells me we are getting desperate. When we offer Mike Riley $20 million per year tomorrow,  you’ll know how bad it’s gotten!

I bet you could get him for 3 million a year if you toss in an ice cream machine for the locker room. 

I think he'd make a decent AD somewhere.

Was just over at volnation.  Some are advocating blowing up Doerens Twitter to convince him not to take the Tennessee job if offered.  If that happens, what coach in their right mind would ever consider taking a job there?  Some also slamming Peyton Manning.  Apparently there is a power struggle between boosters, and Peyton chose the wrong side.  Feel bad for the rational fans in cases like that; they're all going to get lumped together.

Edited by Dbqgolfer

8 hours ago, Redux said:

It only is if your realistic top target is currently unemployed.

Yes, unless that coach is unemployed you are limited to back-channel communications til after the season either-way.  Generally speaking, it only helps to fire a HC midseason if you want to give the team a spark, see if the assistants can step-up to get you some wins.