Tenn fires coach and we still have our giant failure

jauken

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

My brother texted me that Tennessee fired their AD, but I'm not seeing that online. Anyone heard anything?

If the Tennessee fans got Schiano out in a matter of days, I'm sure they can do the same with AD Currie. At this point the fans shouldn't have to protest for this, his a$$ should be gone for the bang up job he's done lately.

At this point, I think Tennessee fans would approve of Butch Jones being offered the Head Coaching position.

There is a hilarious quote over there at VolNation in the Bo Pelini thread:

A power 5 school will hire Pelini and he will win there and his players will crawl across broken glass for him to do it. 

He’s a dick. No doubt. But he could be OUR dick...

Edited by cheekygeek
  • Plus1 2

I love Mike Leach as a coach and I think he's great for college football. But I don't understand this choice.

First, Leach is a guy that likes left alone. He doesn't want admins and boosters and all of those people bothering him. Currie, the AD at Tennessee, has never been coach friendly. He ran off Frank Martin, another coach that can get a little agitated at those things. We've seen a lot of issues arise this week at Tennessee and I'm not sure Mike Leach is going to an environment that best suits him.

Second, Mike Leach is a fantastic program builder and he knows how to sustain it. But for all his experience, we don't really know how well he scales to a more prestigious program. He's always been at schools that weren't "football schools" where winning a lot of games and going to good bowls was more a bonus than expectation. In 16 years at Texas Tech and Washington State, he has (1) double digit win season (could be 2 this year). Is that exactly what Tennessee wants? We all know first hand that simply winning 9 games at a school like that doesn't necessarily mean you win more at a bigger school.

I guess I don't see the fit.

• Plus1 2