Mike Riley

HIHusker

He is 1 Nice Guy  2  represented the Univ well esp after Bo temper tantrums  3 graduation rates are up   4  recruited some good players  5  has not been vindictive towards the fans

6 given us reason to think SF may be next coach (Ok that is kind of a left handed compliment - but maybe he will be the bridge from average to turning us back to great.)

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

He did a fantastic job of honoring Sam Foltz after the accident. That could not have been an easy position to be put in, having a team leader pass away like that. But Coach Riley handled that with the utmost respect and class possible. That alone showed the kind of mentor he was and the kind of example he set for these young men who he coached. I wanted it to work for him so badly (and I will for the next coach also) but unfortunately it did not. Lets show Riley the same class and respect that he has shown us on his way out. 

Hate to admit I totally forgot about this...nice work MR, thank you.

I also like how he brought in that lady who was sexually abused while he was coach at OSU. It took guts to face her, to bring it to the forefront as an issue and to have an open dialogue with the team about those kind of issues .  I think I posted back then how proud I was of him doing so.   He showed real class.  He also showed that these character issues are more than the win/loss record.   Therefore, just for that reason alone, I've changed my mind - he should coach until the end of the season - we should show the same class as he has shown. 

• Plus1 5

I'm guessing the LJS will print it for free- no funds needed.  

Bottom line was he was the best coach we have ever had here that didn't win.  Many of us could learn a few lessons from Mike on how to lose gracefully.  I am very disappointed he couldn't put it all together because he was by a wide margin my favorite individual to ever hold the position.  I wish him the best going forward.     

• Plus1 2