BIG ERN

What is your favorite PS4 game?

I'm looking to get back into gaming a little more on my PS4 since I play it so rarely anymore, playing my older consoles more often. It doesn't have to be a new game, but what are your favorite PS4 games so far? I've gotten recommendations to buy Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. I recently just got Horizon Zero Dawn and will start that later this week. Really looking forward to Red Dead 2 next year. 

Uncharted series (they're all good, 4 is exceptional).

Last of Us. (Legit might make you cry)

ROCKET LEAGUE (so simple, so much fun)

Horizon: ZD (beat the main game a few months back, almost done with the DLC)

The Witcher 3 (One of the best games of all time)

59 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Uncharted series (they're all good, 4 is exceptional).

Last of Us. (Legit might make you cry)

ROCKET LEAGUE (so simple, so much fun)

Horizon: ZD (beat the main game a few months back, almost done with the DLC)

The Witcher 3 (One of the best games of all time)

I just picked up Witcher 3 as well. Uncharted looks good but maybe not enough action/fighting from what I've heard. 

13 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I just picked up Witcher 3 as well. Uncharted looks good but maybe not enough action/fighting from what I've heard. 

It's very much action oriented. It's basically a modern day Indiana Jones type, similar to Tomb Raider. Speaking of which, those are good too (the 2013 and 2015 games)

On 11/13/2017 at 10:21 AM, BIG ERN said:

I'm looking to get back into gaming a little more on my PS4 since I play it so rarely anymore, playing my older consoles more often. It doesn't have to be a new game, but what are your favorite PS4 games so far? I've gotten recommendations to buy Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. I recently just got Horizon Zero Dawn and will start that later this week. Really looking forward to Red Dead 2 next year. 

My favorite PS4 game is, hands down, The Last Of Us.

As Saunders recommended: The Last Of Us.

You'll want to get the re-mastered version for the PS4.

Fair warning (again as Saunders said): Play TLOU and be prepared to get some pretty heavy feels--up to and possibly including tears in places.

I have a thread about The Last Of Us, Part 2 which as of yet still does not have a release date.  

But yeah, The Last Of Us is an absolute masterpiece and you absolutely need to play it.

Edited by Making Chimichangas

20 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Well apparently the PS 5 is coming soon so maybe wait on replacing your 4.

The Bluetooth inside the ps4 is crapping out.  The controller only works for like a half hour then lags terribly.

I don't play my PS4 much of late either but I'll add some.  Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen was cheap at this point and seems fun.  It's sort of like Monster Hunter.  Nier: Automata gets a lot of great pub but I haven't devoted a lot of time to it and the save system seems odd.  It's another action RPG.  I like the Event Horizon one you mentioned but I haven't gotten terribly far into that either.

As for shooters, I think the Plants versus Zombies series is one that does a lot right.  So many games don't allow for a lot of cooperation and multiple roles, I mean.  Overwatch, Rainbow Six, Battlefield, and Call of Duty just get most the attention.  I sometimes want to get back into Borderlands games but not enough to actually do it.  My boys always get me to try something and then aren't playing it by the time I level up.  Destiny 2 was the last time that happened.  I suppose the issue there is not enough content so they'll probably play again once an expansion comes out.  I don't really like how the PVP works out considering I'm not playing the titan class this time around.

I do not have a PS4, but I would consider getting one for the Resident Evil 2 remake. That looks fantastic. 

On 6/16/2018 at 10:47 AM, Making Chimichangas said:

@BIG ERN, Have you begun playing "The Last Of Us?"

I have not, but heard good things 

Highly recommend God of War.  The Last of Us is not quite what I expected - lots of being stealthy and strategic, which is typically not my type of game (i'm more of a shoot 'em up type of guy) but it's still fun.

5 hours ago, RedSavage said:

Highly recommend God of War.  The Last of Us is not quite what I expected - lots of being stealthy and strategic, which is typically not my type of game (i'm more of a shoot 'em up type of guy) but it's still fun.

Ah on the easy through hard modes you can pretty much "rambo" your way through the game.  On survivor mode you have to be more stealthy but you can amass enough ammo to rambo at certain points.  On grounded mode though, it is almost all stealth or flat out running away from enemies.

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Ah on the easy through hard modes you can pretty much "rambo" your way through the game.  On survivor mode you have to be more stealthy but you can amass enough ammo to rambo at certain points.  On grounded mode though, it is almost all stealth or flat out running away from enemies.

I’ve just started playing in the last few days and keep worrying I’m going to run out of ammo and whatnot but if that’s not the case I might give that a go.  

2 hours ago, RedSavage said:

I’ve just started playing in the last few days and keep worrying I’m going to run out of ammo and whatnot but if that’s not the case I might give that a go.  

What difficulty level are you playing on?

Make sure you explore because ammo and supplies can be hidden.  But yeah, on the easy through hard level you get quite a bit.  One note: az you go up in difficulty (from Easy to Normal, Normal to Hard, etc you do get less ammo but it is mostly enough.

Now ammo and supplies aren't unlimited so just keep that in mind.  ;)

And this game will give you the feels, possibly misty eyes, in places.

3 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Make sure you explore because ammo and supplies can be hidden.  But yeah, on the easy through hard level you get quite a bit.  One note: az you go up in difficulty (from Easy to Normal, Normal to Hard, etc you do get less ammo but it is mostly enough.

Is the PS4 version any different than the PS3 version?

1 hour ago, MLB 51 said:

Is the PS4 version any different than the PS3 version?

That, I cannot fully answer.  I have only played the remastered version for the PS4.  From what I have heard though, the biggest difference between the version for the PS3 and PS4 is the increased frame per second rate.  The 3 version was 30 frames per second and the 4 version is 60.  Outside of that, I am not sure if anything story wise is substantively different.

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

That, I cannot fully answer.  I have only played the remastered version for the PS4.  From what I have heard though, the biggest difference between the version for the PS3 and PS4 is the increased frame per second rate.  The 3 version was 30 frames per second and the 4 version is 60.  Outside of that, I am not sure if anything story wise is substantively different.

Ok, thanks. I guess I'm going to have to play PS4 version to find out.  :D 

13 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Playing on hard.  Yea I realized pretty quickly that I needed to explore more to find supplies haha.  Those damn clickers can be a pain in the ass haha.

5 hours ago, RedSavage said:

Playing on hard.  Yea I realized pretty quickly that I needed to explore more to find supplies haha.  Those damn clickers can be a pain in the ass haha.

Not sure where you are in the game, but here is one cut scene in particular that emotionally punched me right in the gut.  I am not sure how this scene will affect you, but I legit had to pause the game for several minutes and collect myself before I could continue.  I won't give any spoilers though.

Nier: Automata, hands down. Plan on purchasing/playing it again when it comes out next week for the XBO:X, as it appears it will be running in 4K and 60FPS (which is a lot more than I can say for its PC counterpart).

12 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Nier: Automata, hands down. Plan on purchasing/playing it again when it comes out next week for the XBO:X, as it appears it will be running in 4K and 60FPS (which is a lot more than I can say for its PC counterpart).

You might be interested in wisecrack's video on Nier's philosophy (huge spoilers for the game, so be warned if you haven't played to the end):

Uncharted 4 is my favorite PS4 game.  The Last of Us 2 will probably be my favorite PS4 game.  The first one was my favorite PS3 game.

Basically, Naughty Dog can do no wrong.

I just wish my PS4 was working, white light of death problem.