Drew Brown

Mavric

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

After a shaky start, kid has put together a very nice career.  Too bad it's been completely overshadowed by so much other stuff.

And that is true of other players who weren't developed as they should have been.  There may be players who with the right coaching could make a NFL roster.  The bad thing wt the wrong coaching hire is that the student athletes don't get a redo and are left short changed in their experience.

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

And that is true of other players who weren't developed as they should have been.  There may be players who with the right coaching could make a NFL roster.  The bad thing wt the wrong coaching hire is that the student athletes don't get a redo and are left short changed in their experience.

I think Drew Brown will get a shot in the NFL.  I am sure Kris still has contacts in the league and can get him set up with tryouts, even if Drew isn't drafted.

3 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I often wonder what Riley has against him that he routinely goes for it on fourth down (especially last week) when three points would be better than nothing.

Pretty sure it has been wise for him to go for it on 4th down as much as he has.  We have a solid kicker and punter and guessing MR would have gone for it a couple more times if we didn't have those two instead of the other way around.

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't mind Riley going for it on 4th down as much as he has.  It's usually been the right thing to do, even when the team fails in the effort.

well to paraphrase the ship of fools that make up our coaching staff, there wasn't a reasonable reason to have Wilbon in on the failed fourth down try unless of course you have no issues other than the games.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

well to paraphrase the ship of fools that make up our coaching staff, there wasn't a reasonable reason to have Wilbon in on the failed fourth down try unless of course you have no issues other than the games.

The play called and the RB chosen to run the play is different than not agreeing with going for it on 4th instead of kicking the FG. Going for it was the correct call. The play execution was poor. 

• Plus1 2