Nebraska AD Bill Moos sticking with coach Mike Riley through end of season

2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

For the sake of the seniors and for Mike, I really hope we kick the crap out of Iowa so they all get a great send off.  I like Mike and would love to see him leave on a bright note and of course our seniors deserve a little feel good on the way out.  

Yeah, I've been thinking something like the K-State game of Callahan's last season.

2 minutes ago, fire mike said:

Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread about Moos gaining the trust of the coaches and I think it’s important to consider not just the football coaches, but how the coaches outside of football view Moos and him keeping his word goes a long way. 

It's also important to gain the trust of the student-athletes.  I think Eichorst created a lot of bad relationships with the football players with Bo's firing, and the women's basketball players in Connie Yori's firing.  I'm not saying the firings weren't warranted, but the way they were handled.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It's also important to gain the trust of the student-athletes.  I think Eichorst created a lot of bad relationships with the football players with Bo's firing, and the women's basketball players in Connie Yori's firing.  I'm not saying the firings weren't warranted, but the way they were handled.

Valid point. Sad part in all this is that the student athletes tend to fall out of focus, as my own statement showed. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, fire mike said:

Valid point. Sad part in all this is that the student athletes tend to fall out of focus, as my own statement showed. 

It's ironic that Eichorst did a lot of things in the athletic department to help the student-athletes, and he deserves to be commended for that.  However, his poor relationships with the coaches undermined many of those efforts when it came to making relationships with the student-athletes.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

"I applaud this fan base," Moos said, "because they've been patient and they haven't had the product -- at least from my observation in the short time I've been here -- that I feel that they deserve. It's why we're taking a real hard look at this and one of the reasons I am out to hear their disgruntled thoughts on the state of the program."

I saw that quote also and thought - this guy gets it.     I think we are in good hands and will have a good coach worthy of the program coming to Lincoln. 

• Plus1 1

tenor.gif?itemid=4726988

Meh, it is what it is I guess. Guessing this has a lot more to do with Frost’s preference for when things come out than it does with Moos trying to stick to some prior statement about not firing a coach mid season. I got the impression from his statement that if he did have a coach ready to go this afternoon at 3:30 then he would’ve done it. We all know Scott is busy for a few more weeks. Guess we’ve got two more pathetic efforts to witness.

39 minutes ago, GA Husker said:

Never heard of Blackshirt Alert, but went to their Facebook page and found audio that describes an interview with an unnamed player.   Listed as a video, but I only got audio.

Blackshirt Alert

I take this guys statement with a "kill off the dinosaurs" sized grain of salt because he could have made this whole thing up but.....

Analyzing this audio, he may have given away his source. He mentioned that this was a Blackshirt and at about the 4:48 mark he says "this is a kid from Nebraska", which could have been a mistake on his part -- Out of the original 16 Blackshirts announced in August, 3 are from Nebraska.

Chris Weber

Mick Stoltenberg

Luke Gifford

It is not Chris Weber, because this guy said the player he talked to was saying they want to play for Coach Frost next year. Chris Weber is a senior and will not be playing no matter who the coach is next year. That means it would have had to of been Mick or Luke, the only two original Blackshirts from Nebraska.

This was my "investigative journalism" of what could be a total crock of s*** statment, but if not, it is narrowed down!