Nebraska AD Bill Moos sticking with coach Mike Riley through end of season

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

One thing to keep in mind as this entire change comes to fruition.

I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong).  But, the state of Nebraska has a law that a position like this must be posted for (I think) 10 days before someone can be "hired".  Even if I'm wrong about that, the AAC championship game is December 2nd.

So, I expect Riley to be let go on November 25th.  If I'm correct about what I stated, this means the new coach (Frost) won't be announced till December 5th or 6th at the earliest.  

I also predict that a certain percentage of the Husker fan base will melt down during that time fully believing the search has failed and we are down to our 10th option and Husker Football will never be good again.

So.....just remember, on November 25th, just grab a stiff drink and kick back for a while.  

Maybe Moos figured that out and he made the statement he may finish his review of riley before the season is over. Perhaps after penn state he says Riley will finish the year as head coach but he will not be retained at the conclusion of the season. Then he could officially post the job and start the 10 day window? 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Maybe Moos figured that out and he made the statement he may finish his review of riley before the season is over. Perhaps after penn state he says Riley will finish the year as head coach but he will not be retained at the conclusion of the season. Then he could officially post the job and start the 10 day window? 

Possibly.

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

One thing to keep in mind as this entire change comes to fruition.

I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong).  But, the state of Nebraska has a law that a position like this must be posted for (I think) 10 days before someone can be "hired".  Even if I'm wrong about that, the AAC championship game is December 2nd.

So, I expect Riley to be let go on November 25th.  If I'm correct about what I stated, this means the new coach (Frost) won't be announced till December 5th or 6th at the earliest.  

I also predict that a certain percentage of the Husker fan base will melt down during that time fully believing the search has failed and we are down to our 10th option and Husker Football will never be good again.

So.....just remember, on November 25th, just grab a stiff drink and kick back for a while.  

Without looking it up (and I could end up with egg on my face), wasn't Riley hired in under 10 days?

11 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Looks like Bo was fired on November 30th and Riley was hired on December 4th or at least that's what the two articles I looked up said. 

And this gives me hope that they are definitely in the works of getting someone here quickly after Iowa. AD's seach and hire before the press conference "firings" all the time.

On 11/13/2017 at 3:28 PM, Hilltop said:

For the sake of the seniors and for Mike, I really hope we kick the crap out of Iowa so they all get a great send off.  I like Mike and would love to see him leave on a bright note and of course our seniors deserve a little feel good on the way out.  

Possibly with a somewhat mobile qb, and a great effort for one game they could pull it off. I like the idea. Is it realistic probably not,  but I think POB brings something else to the game that we have not had this year. Possibly if the D wasn’t on the field the entire game...

13 hours ago, RedNebraskan said:

And this gives me hope that they are definitely in the works of getting someone here quickly after Iowa. AD's seach and hire before the press conference "firings" all the time.

Moos already has a history of doing this. Landed Leach while Wulff was still coaching Wazzu til the end of the season. Leach was announced the day after Wulff was let go.

On 11/13/2017 at 4:33 PM, Comfortably Numb said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4726988

Meh, it is what it is I guess. Guessing this has a lot more to do with Frost’s preference for when things come out than it does with Moos trying to stick to some prior statement about not firing a coach mid season. I got the impression from his statement that if he did have a coach ready to go this afternoon at 3:30 then he would’ve done it. We all know Scott is busy for a few more weeks. Guess we’ve got two more pathetic efforts to witness.

Do you really think a different coach would make any difference in less than 2 weeks at the end of the season, unless they would replace Diaco with a current Dcoach on the team??

2 hours ago, I.M. OLD said:

Do you really think a different coach would make any difference in less than 2 weeks at the end of the season, unless they would replace Diaco with a current Dcoach on the team??

Depends what you mean by "any difference". I agree that Diaco would have to be exorcised. But yeah, with no Diaco and a HC that could put a little fire in them, it might be slightly better to watch. However, I doubt anything at this point is going to make any difference that matters except possibly for some of the sleepwalking players.

In the final analysis, I suspect that, assuming Moos has seen enough to make his decision and is working on a replacement, the only thing that firing HCMR really accomplishes is to satisfy the fans wielding pitchforks and torches that desire some immediate consequence for the putrid state of the Huskers.  Everything else will likely play out the same.  Coaches with current coaching jobs are unlikely to make a move until after the regular season is over. But, in the end, the season will end in a whimper and STBFHCMR will get to say goodbye.  He will probably tell the players how much he appreciated their hard work and to work hard for the next guy.  He won't call ADBM a @#%t and will get on with the interminably long offseason wondering what next year's team will look like and we will begin to craft nearly impossible to meet expectations for the next staff.