Blow Your Mind...or not.

2017 five worst coordinator hires in CFB (Pat Forde)

My goodness. It's a sad joke that the Huskers have had three of them on the payroll.

• Bob Diaco, Nebraska. “At least Diaco’s hair is perfect.”
  • Shawn Watson, Pittsburgh. “overall offensive production is on pace for its lowest levels since 2011” 
  • Tim Beck, Texas. “The only Big 12 team with a lower pass-efficiency rating or averaging fewer yards per play than the Longhorns is Kansas”

Edited by Husker N StL
edit tags and qualify headline
  • Plus1 7

1 minute ago, Herbie95 said:

And to think Bo wouldn't even talk to Frost about being the OC because he wanted to promote Beck.  

To be fair, Frost had just spent 1 year as a WR coach at Oregon.  I don't think he was anywhere near ready to be a full-time OC.

I thought Beck was a decent OC.  Was he great?  Obviously not.  But, his offenses were very good at times.

• Plus1 4

29 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

To be fair, Frost had just spent 1 year as a WR coach at Oregon.  I don't think he was anywhere near ready to be a full-time OC.

I thought Beck was a decent OC.  Was he great?  Obviously not.  But, his offenses were very good at times.

Yes. Assuming frost comes here. We will have greatly benefited from frost learning the oregon offense at OC. 

32 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

What blows my mind here is that Langsdorff isn't on the list. Then I re-read the title and saw it was regarding hires of coordinators in 2017.

He wouldn't be on it, anyhow. It's a mid tier Big Ten offense. 

Obviously that says more about them than him.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

To be fair to anyone in this world, they need an opportunity to prove themselves.  In other words, until someone give them a chance they will always be unproven.  Don't forget TO was just an OC for Devaney, with no HC experience.  So I have always thought that either you have it or you don't.  

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

To be fair to anyone in this world, they need an opportunity to prove themselves.  In other words, until someone give them a chance they will always be unproven.  Don't forget TO was just an OC for Devaney, with no HC experience.  So I have always thought that either you have it or you don't.  

Yes, but I am sure that Frost would have told you he wasn’t ready to be OC at Nebraska. He didn’t even get the OC job at Oregon until 3 years later, and I think Helfrich still called the plays. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, but I am sure that Frost would have told you he wasn’t ready to be OC at Nebraska. He didn’t even get the OC job at Oregon until 3 years later, and I think Helfrich still called the plays. 

Things that were blown way out of proportion, and no factual basis for 500 Alex

The situation not your comment, your comment is correct 

Edited by KingBlank