2018 Draft

Chris Jones I would think, just because of his size.  He almost left early last year IIRC.

Lee has the NFL QB build, he might be a late round flyer if he leaves?  I mean CJ Beathard was drafted in the 3rd round last year.

Morgan maybe if he leaves early?

I could see Weber being an UDFA and making a practice squad and working his way up after a year or 2 (especially on special teams).

Edited by Red Five

54 minutes ago, CPT Blackshirt said:

Tanner Lee will leave this year and be drafted

Why would the NFL look at Tanner when they consider his lack of development  and interception ratio.  Maybe if they think he has the raw skills and they have a QB whisperer who can make him a development project.  But I thought Langs was QB whisperer .....

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Why would the NFL look at Tanner when they consider his lack of development  and interception ratio.  Maybe if they think he has the raw skills and they have a QB whisperer who can make him a development project.  But I thought Langs was QB whisperer .....

NFL guys love big dudes with strong arms.  They think they are good enough QB coaches to make anyone into a solid QB.  Remember all the NFL types slobbering all over Lee after watching him in shorts and a t-shirt?

Brown

Morgan (probably leave early, especially with change coming)

Kalu

Jones

DPE would have, but injuries have just killed his ability.  We saw it last week.  He gets tackled in open field, when 4 years ago he is gone.  I just respect the fact that he is still playing.  He has gone through a ton !

42 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

NFL guys love big dudes with strong arms.  They think they are good enough QB coaches to make anyone into a solid QB.  Remember all the NFL types slobbering all over Lee after watching him in shorts and a t-shirt?

Yes, I remember the hype machine - almost Heisman like.   Inflated our expectations and then popped by way to  many  Pick 6s.   I would think that would stick out but it will all come down to the combine. He has the raw skills someone may make him a project.  Hey Tom Brady was drafted at like # 1 million.  I guess that turned out ok.

45 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Exactly. Im not saying he is going in the first three rounds... but he has the arm strength to take a flier on in the later rounds at the very least.