My Top 10 Single Player Games of All-Time

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Cowboy Kid?  Dang...never even heard of it!

Look up a review, they are usually hilarious.  The PC world of 2017 would crucify this game.  All joking aside, it is seriously an awesome game.  6 levels of Bad Guys, all different, think Mega Man where you beat one and select another.  Then a final bad guy that literally gives you an hour to beat.  There is a perfect way to go through the guys in an order that makes it easiest.  A first timer would probably get through 2 or 3 of them maybe.  I can knock this game out in an afternoon if I get a rhythm going.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

Look up a review, they are usually hilarious.  The PC world of 2017 would crucify this game.  All joking aside, it is seriously an awesome game.  6 levels of Bad Guys, all different, think Mega Man where you beat one and select another.  Then a final bad guy that literally gives you an hour to beat.  There is a perfect way to go through the guys in an order that makes it easiest.  A first timer would probably get through 2 or 3 of them maybe.  I can knock this game out in an afternoon if I get a rhythm going.

I am going to look it up!

Do you every watch the Angry Nintendo Nerd videos on youtube?  I wonder if he did this game

17 hours ago, Redux said:

No game has resonated with me more than this one.  I can't count how many times or hours I have spent playing this thing.  Just an absolute masterpiece of a game.  Solid Snake is a badass.  The entire ensemble of villains is stellar.  The storyline is so in depth and intriguing.  Seriously can't reccomend it enough.

You did with Metal Gear what I could have done with Zelda. I loved the MGS remake for Gamecube, but I never had a Playstation, so I missed out on most of the rest of the series. What are your thoughts on some of the newer games? 

9 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

You did with Metal Gear what I could have done with Zelda. I loved the MGS remake for Gamecube, but I never had a Playstation, so I missed out on most of the rest of the series. What are your thoughts on some of the newer games? 

The Gamecube basically took the MGS2 engine and put MGS1 all over it.  Unfortunately they had to record a lot of new audio so that takes away from it for me.

Newer in the MGS series or newer overall?

13 minutes ago, Redux said:

The Gamecube basically took the MGS2 engine and put MGS1 all over it.  Unfortunately they had to record a lot of new audio so that takes away from it for me.

Newer in the MGS series or newer overall?

Ground Zeroes, Phantom Pain, Rising, etc. 

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Ground Zeroes, Phantom Pain, Rising, etc. 

I played Ground Zeroes through, decent.  Just didn't suck me in at all.  Gameplay is solid, but it was too much open world with nothing to do in a lot of spots.

Phantom Pain, honestly i made it like a 1/4 way through it and never picked it up again.  MGS3 was a GREAT prequel.  This was a massive swing and miss for me.  I know Hideo Kojima was involved, but I don't think he ever wanted to make that game honestly.  And replacing David Hayter as Solid Snake was just and absolute mistake.

I always meant to pick up a bargain copy of Rising, just haven't yet.  A lot of the fans hate Raiden and for legitimate reasons.  I didn't mind him once he became a total badass.

Other titles in the series: VR Missions was a blast.  Never played Portable Ops or Peace Walker but they are apparantely pretty good fill in story for post MGS3.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1

I don't even know where I'd begin with my top 10 single player games. I've definitely spent the most time playing these (in no particular order):

Doom

Half Life

The Witcher 3

GTA: San Andreas

Assassin's Creed 2

Mass Effect Series (sans Andromeda)

Diablo 2

Red Dead Redemption

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Final Fantasy 6 

The greatest single player game I've ever played is The Witcher 3, though. Hands down. I personally don't believe there's a better overall experience than when you combine graphics, story, immersion, detail, voice acting and combat.

• Plus1 1