Assistants-who do we want?

23 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Hopefully at least one assistant that sees value in returning a punt.

Which is one reason i brought up Mike Ekeler at one point in the SF mega thread

11 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Zach Duval is Frost’s S&C Coach. Was with Bohl at Wyoming before Frost got the Central Florida job. 

I do remember he was one of the assistant S&C coaches here at one time. 

Bring him home too, then.  Do strength guys typically follow coaches?

13 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I've heard (along with many other false rumors) that Scott wants to bring his whole staff and keep Parella and Bray. His WR coach may not come. Likely complete BS based on other stuff that turned out to not be totally accurate.

His WR coach is also his Offensive Coordinator, that is not likely.

1 minute ago, worldsworstoutdoorsman said:

His WR coach is also his Offensive Coordinator, that is not likely.

Well duh....THIS is how we get to hang on to Langsdorf. :P

IDK I didn't research it. The story was his WR coach was receiving numerous HC offers so he might go another direction. Maybe the assumption was that Frost is also the defacto OC. :dunno

Tough to decipher these inaccurate rumors.

As we have seen with the past few head coach hires here, assistant coaching hires tend to be about "comfortability" with the head coach.  The assistants tend to be guys that the HC has a relationship with and is comfortable working with.  Sometimes that produces good hires, sometimes it produces crap hires.

And sometimes going "outside the box" to get someone the HC doesn't know works (Pelini in 03) and sometimes it is a complete and utter failure (Diaco in 17).

53 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

What was posted in 247 not that loing ago is he would be keeping DL, WR and DB coaches. The rest he brings with or hires from outside. We will see if that happens though.

Why do people keep saying his WR coach and not his OC?  Isn't the OC title more important?

The coaches you called out as him keeping bringing with him makes perfect absolutely no sense.  His DB coach is a UCF grad and that is the only place he has coached.  Frost had no ties to him before going to UCF.  His DL coach has more ties to Chip Kelly, Frost never coached with him before UCF either.  I would also add that his Tight Ends coach also is a UCF coach that probably wouldn't come along.

Why would he not bring any of the coaches he is most familiar with to Nebraska with him?

Edited by worldsworstoutdoorsman
I'm an idiot...

6 minutes ago, worldsworstoutdoorsman said:

Why do people keep saying his WR coach and not his OC?  Isn't the OC title more important?

The coaches you called out as him bringing with him makes absolutely no sense.  His DB coach is a UCF grad and that is the only place he has coached.  Frost had no ties to him before going to UCF.  His DL coach has more ties to Chip Kelly, Frost never coached with him before UCF either.  

Why would he not bring any of the coaches he is most familiar with to Nebraska with him?

I think she meant Frost would keep our DL, WR and DB coaches that are on staff (Williams' and Parrella) then the rest he would either bring from UCF or hire from outside