OL - Garrison

DC - Wistrom

DL - Double Nickel

LB - Terrell Farley

CB - Baron Miles

S - Josh Bullocks

ST - Bruce Read. 

Love GW as a player but.....

"In 2007, Wistrom became an unpaid volunteer assistant football coach at Parkview High School in Springfield, Missouri, where his brother is the principal. They went 0-12. Wistrom then retired from coaching, citing "hatred of filling the water coolers" as his reason for leaving."

• Plus1 1

OK, so if we are just spitballing here:

Frost - Head Coach

Tom Osborne - Co-Head Coach

Monte Kiffen - Def Coordinator

Charlie McBride - Co Defensive Coordinator

Kevin Steele - Co Defensive Coordinator

Turner Gill, Offensive Coordinator

Bill Walsh, Co-offensive Coordinator

Ron Brown, WRs and Team Spiritual Coach

Tom Rathman, RBs

Frank Solich, RBs

Milt Tenopir - O Line

Will Shields, Co-Line 

Linebackers - The Ruud Family

Secondary - George Darlington

Secondary - Mike Brown

D Line - J. Parrella

D Line - Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!

D LIne - The Peter Bros.

Kickers - Alex Henery

Kickers - The Brown Bros.

QBs -  Gerry Godowski

QBs -  Matt Turminator

QBs - Joe Montana

Recruiting Manager - Warren Buffet

Special Teams - Bill Snyder

Special Teams - Dejuan Groce

We can let the co head coaches seek out and retain any other necessary people to fill in the holes.

Fund raising - "Dollar Bill" Byrne

Co Fund Supplying - Warren Buffet *(he will also be in charge of buying season tickets for everyone who wants them! and funding the all new 250,000 seat Husker Doom and Berkshire Hathaway can be the namesakes sponsor of the all new annual National Championship Bowl hosted by NU which will take the place of the once upon a time popular Super Bowl.

• Plus1 3

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:39 AM, Comfortably Numb said:

Well duh....THIS is how we get to hang on to Langsdorf. :P

IDK I didn't research it. The story was his WR coach was receiving numerous HC offers so he might go another direction. Maybe the assumption was that Frost is also the defacto OC. :dunno

Tough to decipher these inaccurate rumors.

That assumption isn't far off, Walters is the  OC but Frost does call his own game. Walters does have a solid resume and could be getting interest though. With success other programs come sniffing-around. 

Now I think Frost is N.  He probably would bring a lot of assistants but will have some spots to fill.  UCF could promote an assistant to HC and a couple of the guys have UCF ties.

I would think the Nebraska guys would want to come for sure.  Here's a list.

OL -Greg Austin - NE

RB - Ryan Held  - NE

Barrett Ruud  Quality Control  - NE

Zach Duval   Sports performance  - NE

Gerrod Lambrecht  Director of operations   - Concordia

I think he would definitely like to bring his DC (unless he maybe goes for the UCF HC job)

Their TE/recruiting coordinator and DB coaches are from UCF so might stay if given the chance.

Possible that Dewitt (associate HC/LB/Special Teams) or Troy Walters (OC/WRs) could try for the HC job.

Their DL and QB coaches have no ties to either school.  DL coach has also coached LBs quite a bit.

So that would mean DC, OL, RB probably come,

likely DL, QB

some of OC, ST, LB, WR, DB, TE could be open.

Certainly Frost has plenty of connections that we don't know of and I'd be with whomever he hires.  But it's just kind of fun to think of a few possible former Huskers who have ties.  Getting a former Husker would likely mean that they would stay longer.  Possibly Parrella if their DL guy Dawson coaches LBs.  We have quite a few former DBs with coaching experience (Daniel Bullocks, Minter, Barron Miles, Sanders, Wilhite, Russell Gary).  Carlos Polk coaches ST for Tampa Bay.  Ed Stewart could be sick of the Big 12 and come in some admin role.

Any other fun thoughts?  :)

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads
  • Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Husker Q said:

Now I think Frost is N.  He probably would bring a lot of assistants but will have some spots to fill.  UCF could promote an assistant to HC and a couple of the guys have UCF ties.

I would think the Nebraska guys would want to come for sure.  Here's a list.

OL -Greg Austin - NE

RB - Ryan Held  - NE

Barrett Ruud  Quality Control  - NE

Zach Duval   Sports performance  - NE

Gerrod Lambrecht  Director of operations   - Concordia

I think he would definitely like to bring his DC (unless he maybe goes for the UCF HC job)

Their TE/recruiting coordinator and DB coaches are from UCF so might stay if given the chance.

Possible that Dewitt (associate HC/LB/Special Teams) or Troy Walters (OC/WRs) could try for the HC job.

Their DL and QB coaches have no ties to either school.  DL coach has also coached LBs quite a bit.

So that would mean DC, OL, RB probably come,

likely DL, QB

some of OC, ST, LB, WR, DB, TE could be open.

Certainly Frost has plenty of connections that we don't know of and I'd be with whomever he hires.  But it's just kind of fun to think of a few possible former Huskers who have ties.  Getting a former Husker would likely mean that they would stay longer.  Possibly Parrella if their DL guy Dawson coaches LBs.  We have quite a few former DBs with coaching experience (Daniel Bullocks, Minter, Barron Miles, Sanders, Wilhite, Russell Gary).  Carlos Polk coaches ST for Tampa Bay.  Ed Stewart could be sick of the Big 12 and come in some admin role.

Any other fun thoughts?  :)

Don't we have a megathread for these types of discussion? 

That said I would think alot of his staff would come along. Hopeful we can keep Dante Williams around, think he is a good coach when given the chance and obviously an ace recruiter. We've heard of Alex Grinch at DC....that would be a very solid hire. I don't think the idea will be to go get Nebraska ties. The way it sounds to me is Moos will allow Frost to bring whoever from UCF, but any other staff additions will likely be trying to get the best guys possible. We have the money, let's put a stellar assistant staff together.