Assistants-who do we want?

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

compare our 3-4 vs UCF's 3-4.  I know the philosophy is different - ours is passive, theirs is aggressive.  It is noticeable in the Tackles for loss that the aggressiveness

pays dividends.  UCF has 11 more while playing one less game.  Competition is different but they are doing this among their G5 piers and we against our P5 piers.

Comparing NU's 11 games vs UCF's 10 games  we see the same # of sacks - 14 for each team.  Sacks per game NU 1.27 ; USF 1.40

NU: 5.5 by DL   UCF: 6.5 by DL

Tackles for Loss: NU 38 and UCF 49 (again one less game).

From www.cfbstats.com :

image.thumb.png.1161e708b669b1f131be9a6484510191.png

image.thumb.png.0fb702d887e81bf2ab2d6e795d1ac397.png

image.thumb.png.f715587b51cfa82120c5736b22ccf919.png

image.thumb.png.6607ee2087b00773620e5c743e195dff.png

Both teams are horrid in the category, 14 on the year is awful

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

On 1620 just now they were saying that when Frost was hired at UCF he said he would interview current assistants and would consider keeping some if they were a good fit.  They weren't sure if he actually kept any - they thought he might have kept a couple - but he would at least seem open to the possibility.

He did keep a few I'm pretty sure. DB coach is one I believe. Who would you like retained Mav? 

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

He did keep a few I'm pretty sure. DB coach is one I believe. Who would you like retained Mav? 

From our current staff I'd definitely take a look at Parrella and both Williams.  I have no idea who Frost's other options would be but I would at least consider those three.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

From our current staff I'd definitely take a look at Parrella and both Williams.  I have no idea who Frost's other options would be but I would at least consider those three.

The defensive Williams group is garbage, they can't even tackle.  The drunk can leave to, we don't even keep our staff accountable.  He was suspended from 4 games?  That's ludicrous.  This whole thing needs to be gone, every part.

Just now, KingBlank said:

The defensive Williams group is garbage, they can't even tackle.  The drunk can leave to, we don't even keep our staff accountable.  He was suspended from 4 games?  That's ludicrous.  This whole thing needs to be gone, every part.

I don't put much of any blame on Donte.  Word is he's so pissed at Diaco for the type of coverage they are running that he won't even get within 40 yards of him at practice. (Not going to speak to the level of dysfunction that indicates but it would indicate that he realizes how bad it is.)  Word is he would like to play much more aggressively, which I think would be a good thing, at least from the corners.

Not gonna lie, I'm still a bit put off by Keith's off-field issues.  But about everyone else seems to be over it so I guess maybe I should be too.

On 11/22/2017 at 2:08 PM, KingBlank said:

throw Parella into this, as well.  his stink is on this season and needs to be shown the door.

• Plus1 1
On 11/22/2017 at 4:13 PM, Mavric said:

I don't put much of any blame on Donte.  Word is he's so pissed at Diaco for the type of coverage they are running that he won't even get within 40 yards of him at practice. (Not going to speak to the level of dysfunction that indicates but it would indicate that he realizes how bad it is.)  Word is he would like to play much more aggressively, which I think would be a good thing, at least from the corners.

Not gonna lie, I'm still a bit put off by Keith's off-field issues.  But about everyone else seems to be over it so I guess maybe I should be too.

I agree with all of this, but where's that word coming from? 

Both seem like great coaches. Keith I still occasionally am uneasy with, but I'm also not privy to the inside conversations and his mindset and remorse from the whole thing. Donte I'm pretty ambivalent towards as a coach, but there's no denying his recruiting acumen which is a must-have. If what you're saying is true that puts me in favor of retaining him for sure.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m on the side of getting rid of everyone and starting from scratch. I know Parrella is a NU alum, but he’s not irreplaceable. The WR Williams may be loyal to how things were done under Riley, and Donte Williams will probably want to go back to a school in the PAC 12. 

Why would Keith be loyal to Riley's way? He hadn't coached with Riley until Nebraska.