Assistants-who do we want?

8 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

That wasn't because of Parellas lineman. In this system lineman eat blocks and linebackers make plays. If you watched the football games and kept an eye on the line, you would see a well coached DL unit despite not having the athletes ideal for the system we were trying to run. Parella did a fantastic job with Mick Stolenberg in particular as well as Stille. Other guys did pretty well too but those 2 stood out 

Sorry, NE was 1 of THE WORST Ds in the country, I dont care how much lipstick you put on that pig.  I cant find any area of the D I would call "good", let alone "fantastic".  The terms "pathetic", "brutal", come to mind.  Was Freedom Akin even on the field this year?  And the only tackles I saw C Davis making were 10, 15 yds down the field, gawd bless him, since the LB corps was simply atrocious.

Guess we have different tastes.

If Parella wasnt an NU guy, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

• Plus1 1

36 minutes ago, obert1 said:

Glad to have Verduzco confirmed. Will be interestingto see how the rest of the staff shakes out

So damn excited to have an actual QB coach. No more sending the QB off to summer camp to learn to play.

I think you'll see a lot of teams now be able to add a QB coach, and it'll raise the level of the game.

14 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Close said he can confirm 7 assistants.  Any word on that we know qb coach.  Prob rb, ol  dc.   Who else?  

I didn’t see it from him but someone posted that he said  : 

Erik Chinander - DC
Jovan Dewitt - Associate HC/ LB / Special Teams
Greg Austin - OL
Ryan Held - RB
Mario Verduzco - QB
Travis Fisher - DB
Mike Dawson - DL
Matt Davison - Associate AD for Football

Edited by famoustitles
  • Plus1 3

Update - Ruud and Duvall still sound very likely but not confirmed.

OC - Current UCF OC Troy Walters - UCF interim HC - doesn't sound like he will be along.  Rumored that Frost is looking at Washington Co-OC/WR Coach Matt Lubick

QB - Current UCF QB Coach Mario Verduzco - Confirmed

RB - Current UCF RB Coach Ryan Held - Confirmed

WR - If not Walters or Lubick - both WR coaches - perhaps Keith Williams would get a look.  Probably need one more offensive assistant somewhere.

OL - Current UCF OL Coach Greg Austin - Confirmed

DC - Current UCF DC Erik Chinander - Confirmed

LB - Current UCF Associate HC/LB/ST Coach Jovan Dewitt - Confirmed

LB - Current UCF Quality Control Administrator Barrett Ruud - Rumored to be in line for the 10th assistant spot at UCF when it goes into effect this spring would be a natural choice for the 10th coach here.  Could have two LB coaches in a 3-4 especially if Dewitt keeps other responsibilities.

DL - Current UCF DL Coach Mike Dawson - Confirmed

DB - Current UCF DB Coach Travis Fisher - Confirmed

Staff - Just throwing out a couple with ties

Current UCF Chief of Staff/Director of Operations Gerrod Lambrecht - graduate of Concordia University (Nebraska)

Current UCF Director of Sports Performance (Football) Zach Duval - Former Husker Power assistant from 1994-2002, including time as a student assistant.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Update - Ruud and Duvall still sound very likely but not confirmed.

OC - Current UCF OC Troy Walters - UCF interim HC - doesn't sound like he will be along.  Rumored that Frost is looking at Washington Co-OC/WR Coach Matt Lubick

QB - Current UCF QB Coach Mario Verduzco - Confirmed

RB - Current UCF RB Coach Ryan Held - Confirmed

WR - If not Walters or Lubick - both WR coaches - perhaps Keith Williams would get a look.  Probably need one more offensive assistant somewhere.

OL - Current UCF OL Coach Greg Austin - Confirmed

DC - Current UCF DC Erik Chinander - Confirmed

LB - Current UCF Associate HC/LB/ST Coach Jovan Dewitt - Confirmed

LB - Current UCF Quality Control Administrator Barrett Ruud - Rumored to be in line for the 10th assistant spot at UCF when it goes into effect this spring would be a natural choice for the 10th coach here.  Could have two LB coaches in a 3-4 especially if Dewitt keeps other responsibilities.

DL - Current UCF DL Coach Mike Dawson - Confirmed

DB - Current UCF DB Coach Travis Fisher - Confirmed

Staff - Just throwing out a couple with ties

Current UCF Chief of Staff/Director of Operations Gerrod Lambrecht - graduate of Concordia University (Nebraska)

Current UCF Director of Sports Performance (Football) Zach Duval - Former Husker Power assistant from 1994-2002, including time as a student assistant.

Glad to see the UCF offensive assistants.... not as excited about the defensive assistants.  I do think its important to find assistants that have a national reach with ties from.coast to coast.

1 minute ago, zoogs said:

Aw, no Donte, Bray, or Parella? 

I was hoping for Donte and Parella too. 

• Plus1 1