Assistants-who do we want?

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't think this is quite apples-to-apples since the strength coach isn't included elsewhere but still not too shabby.

OWH

GOOD. About time.

Ponying up for assistants seems completely and utterly reasonable to me. If we're going to throw insane amounts of money at coaches to go away, I'd rather also throw a large amount to make sure we get everyone here we need to be successful.

• Plus1 1

2 more offensive assistants and we are locked and loaded. If those additions are Lubick and K Williams, I love it. UCF guys obviously know the culture Frost wants to implement and Williams and Lubick should be able to fit in with that as well as adding some extra firepower on the recruiting trail. 

12 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

2 more offensive assistants and we are locked and loaded. If those additions are Lubick and K Williams, I love it. UCF guys obviously know the culture Frost wants to implement and Williams and Lubick should be able to fit in with that as well as adding some extra firepower on the recruiting trail. 

Honestly, I think Frost realizes that the most important thing about a football coaching staff is having one consistent message, coming from the top-down.  I don't think this consistent message has been at NU since the Solich days, and even then Solich struggled with managing people who were equals with him for most of their careers.

• Plus1 1

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Honestly, I think Frost realizes that the most important thing about a football coaching staff is having one consistent message, coming from the top-down.  I don't think this consistent message has been at NU since the Solich days, and even then Solich struggled with managing people who were equals with him for most of their careers.

I like it especially with all of these reports coming out of the Riley tenure about Eichs mirco managing. But I completely agree with you, that is what Frost wants. A unity of purpose from the top to the bottom all the way to the fan base.

• Plus1 1

Did I miss something or has Zach Duval - the UCF Strength & Conditioning Coach - not been announced yet as coming to Nebraska. If he doesn't that would shock me.

EDIT: I see now that the OWH article said:

In addition, Lincoln Southeast and UNL graduate Zach Duval is expected to be football program’s head strength and conditioning coach.

Edited by cheekygeek

I also see that Jovan Dewitt (named as one of the seven confirmed to be coming to NU) was the linebackers AND special teams coordinator. I also see that Barrett Ruud is expected to be the ILB coach. That would make JD's responsibility OLB (I'm guessing). I wonder if SF will still have him handling ST or if he will name a separate ST coach?