I believe it's been a weird week for all of us!!

Hello to all of my husker friends. it seems it's been a really weird week for both of our fan bases. 

this is what I do know as of now. 

there is a deal in place between Florida and Chip Kelly. 

the deal is for 6 years, and includes large budget for future assistant coaches. 

more than likely mark Helfrich will be his OC... 

sounds like Coach Frost is coming home.. if true, I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your new coach... 

as I get more updates, I will be sure to post them... 

• Plus1 4

5 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Yes, no coach in 2017 turns down a UF, NE, or others to stay at a school that can't even get 30k fans in the stadium when you are undefeated in the middle of Nov.

This part of the Scott Frost saga about UF going after Frost, but then switching to Kelly meanwhile NU is starting to smoke with Frost talk, man I gotta believe in the system this time and think that Scott is coming home.  I'm willing to be optimistic about the future NU football for the first time in a while.  

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, MyakkaGator said:

college football, in general, is better when teams like Florida and Nebraska are powerhouses like they should be.. 

I'll be happy for you if Frost comes home. 

What I want to know about Scott Frost and UF is how hard did UF really push before moving on and how many dollars are we talking about or if he flat out told UF no once or more than once.

What is annoying about the national media in regards to Nebraska and Scott Frost is not a single time have I see any of them talk about the connections the rest of the UCF staff has to the Midwest, past employment with Scott Frost, and Nebraska ties (several of them). They always revert to the dumb recruiting talk. Then you have people on ESPN like Booger McFarland saying Nebraska has zero chance at Scott Frost after he lost is favorite puppy - he wanted Frost at UF really bad.

15 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

What I want to know about Scott Frost and UF is how hard did UF really push before moving on and how many dollars are we talking about or if he flat out told UF no once or more than once.

What is annoying about the national media in regards to Nebraska and Scott Frost is not a single time have I see any of them talk about the connections the rest of the UCF staff has to the Midwest, past employment with Scott Frost, and Nebraska ties (several of them). They always revert to the dumb recruiting talk. Then you have people on ESPN like Booger McFarland saying Nebraska has zero chance at Scott Frost after he lost is favorite puppy - he wanted Frost at UF really bad.

Booger's comments today on College Football Live go to show how out of touch the national media is about our coaching search. When Booger was asked what the chances were of Frost going to Nebraska his response was "slim to none".

On the flip side of that I really hope that we aren't the delusional ones. 

1 hour ago, RedOrDye said:

Booger's comments today on College Football Live go to show how out of touch the national media is about our coaching search. When Booger was asked what the chances were of Frost going to Nebraska his response was "slim to none".

On the flip side of that I really hope that we aren't the delusional ones. 

And his reasoning was? An opinion by itself doesn't mean anything, everyone has one of those.

Remember these are the same people who said Mike Riley was a great hire.  Ill trust my gut on this one and someone who was around when it was something to be at nebraska.  To use what he was taught when he was here long ago.  I would hope scott takes everyone from those champ teams and puts them on the field with those young men.  Show them what commitment to the process is.  What it means to sacrifice to play this game, that you dont need to go to a sunny state to state your purpose and to show the country who you are as a player.