I believe it's been a weird week for all of us!!

4 hours ago, MyakkaGator said:

Hello to all of my husker friends. it seems it's been a really weird week for both of our fan bases. 

this is what I do know as of now. 

there is a deal in place between Florida and Chip Kelly. 

the deal is for 6 years, and includes large budget for future assistant coaches. 

more than likely mark Helfrich will be his OC... 

sounds like Coach Frost is coming home.. if true, I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your new coach... 

as I get more updates, I will be sure to post them... 

As a Florida fan, what do you think about getting Chip Kelly? I think it's a great hire. I don't have anything ground-breaking that hundreds of other people haven't already said, but I'm pretty sure Chip could put out a better offense than Muschamp or McElwain. Combine that with the dudes he could recruit to Gainesville and I would guess Florida will be much more fun to watch on offense.

Before Frost took off at UCF, I always wanted Kelly to come to Nebraska. I would prefer Frost now, but that's more due to him being a native son coming home. Kelly certainly has a better resume. Hell, his resume is probably better than everyone's except Saban and Meyer.

9 hours ago, MyakkaGator said:

Hello to all of my husker friends. it seems it's been a really weird week for both of our fan bases. 

this is what I do know as of now. 

there is a deal in place between Florida and Chip Kelly. 

the deal is for 6 years, and includes large budget for future assistant coaches. 

more than likely mark Helfrich will be his OC... 

sounds like Coach Frost is coming home.. if true, I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your new coach... 

as I get more updates, I will be sure to post them... 

So he is the new head coach at Wood River?

If Chip Kelly is Florida's guy then what is taking them so long from announcing him as head coach? Seems like if he was the guy they would hire him ASAP to let him get out there and start recruiting, etc. Just odd they haven't announced anything. The longer Florida goes without naming a head coach the more I think it won't be Chip Kelly.

• Plus1 1

I'd feel better about Frost if UF and UT pulled the trigger and hired someone.  Buddy of mine in Fl says he thinks Frost will go to UF or UT...Just another opinion.  No inside info.

I do hope that our plan B is not some other schools Plan A and they scoop their guy up and we are then left with the 18th choice......Hoping that NU and Frost have agreed in principle to a deal.  If not, I think we'd hear rumors about other guys being brought in/talked to.....

10 hours ago, jsneb83 said:

Well at least we could say we tried with Frost and wouldn't have to play the what-if game

Ya, he wouldn't be the first seemingly obvious hire to bust, but think he'd do well. He'd be the first hire I'm actually excited about and I've been right about how our last three went. Hated the Callahan and Riley hires. I was alright with Bo but not in love with the hire.  Didn't know what to make of Solich at the time. 

On 11/14/2017 at 9:34 PM, RedOrDye said:

Booger's comments today on College Football Live go to show how out of touch the national media is about our coaching search. When Booger was asked what the chances were of Frost going to Nebraska his response was "slim to none".

On the flip side of that I really hope that we aren't the delusional ones. 

I like Booger in general, but his whole problem is that he looks at everything from his SEC and Deep South Mentality.  I very much doubt Booger has  even been in Nebraska or Iowa or Kansas.  The only reason he ever went to Missouri is to play the Chiefs in KC.   He grew up in Louisiana went to LSU and played pro ball at Tampa Bay. In his mind he can't understand why anyone would want to go live in Nebraska let along coach at Nebraska, even though most Nebraskans would never want to live in Louisiana.  It just doesn't register for him. 

Edited by NUinID