What do you think about these shows?

ScawFraw

1 hour ago, RedNebraskan said:

Sharp and Benning = best sports radio show in Nebraska.

Game Time with Nick Bahe = not good show.  I usually have it on just because it's after S & B.  But, I usually have to shut it off because I can't stand Nick's voice sometimes.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct = Can't stand the show.  Haven't listened for quite some time.  But, they get way too much joy out of trashing Nebraska for it to be entertaining.

Don't listen to any of the rest.

Big Red Wrap Up = I really like this show.  Try to tape it every week. Was pissed last year when it was just on line.  Never watched it.  Now it's back on TV.

Edited by BigRedBuster

I listen to Sharp and Benning every day at work.  They are the best and it is must hear when Aaron Semm and Jay Foreman are on.

I don’t like Nick Bahe’s show (besides Iowa Cory)

Unsportmanlike Conduct is terrible.  Bishop is horrible (his Creighton Play by Play is the worst thing in the history of radio) and Peterson isn’t any better (although I don’t mind him when he is on Big Red Overreaction)  One major thing that makes this show trash is that they read tweets from the same 3-4 listeners every show and those listeners are idiots.

I like Husker Hangover as well.  I don’t listen to any of the other shows listed though. 

Edited by Pedro Guerrero
20 minutes ago, Blackshirts014 said:

Man, I didnt realize there was so many. I live in Texas, and I started streaming the Sharp and Benning podcast a few years ago.  I may be biased, but it is so much better than the terrible sports talk radio down here. They both really seem to know their stuff and don't just spew a bunch of hot takes. 

Living the the Boise Idaho area we actually have a really good late afternoon local sports talk radio show. Its called Idaho Sports Talk with Prater and Caves.  Mike Prater is a BSU player from back in the 80's and Jeff Caves until recently was the sports editor at the local daily.  They have been doing the show for something like 25 years.  Lots of talk about BSU football of coarse, but lots of humor on the show.  I really enjoy listening to it. 

Just now, Blackshirts014 said:

I don't if its the same guys, but even as a big time Cowboys hater I really enjoy the local radio broadcast that does their games. They seem about as objective as it gets for a homer broadcast, and super knowledgeable about the team. 

Different guys.  Brad Sham has been the play-by-play guy for a long time, and Babe Laufenberg (former Cowboy backup QB and current Dallas TV guy) does color commentary for the Cowboys radio network.

1 hour ago, NUinID said:

I listen to Sharp and Benning and like to listen to Husker Doc Talk.  That is all I really listen to regularly.  I will sometimes listen to Bahe.  Not a huge fan though.  I just don't like his perspective on Nebraska football.  

Unsportsmanlike Conduct was absolutely great when Severe and Kuglar were doing the show.   The Hour of Hate on Thursday or Friday afternoon was great.  Bishop and the other Moran they have on there now are just not very good.  

If your going to call someone else dumb at least spell the insult properly.

• Plus1 2

Sharp and Benning - awesome show.  They work very well together and have great insight.  Damon has a good vocabulary and gets a little wordy, but mostly great stuff.

Unsportmanlike — can get painful. Bishop whines too much and Josh comes off as such a noob who never has an original take.  But maybe that’s because I hate snowflake millennials.

Nick Bahe - he’s funny.  Better when he had Schick, but still good stuff.  

No one has heard the Big Red Cobcast?  It probably is the most vulgar podcast I've ever heard so if you like vulgar, that's the one to listen to.  Otherwise, stay away from it.  

I had no idea everyone loved Sharp and Benning so much, very interesting.  

So far from what I've read, Nick Bahe is hit or miss, and USC is trash.

Just now, Cdog923 said:

It's awful. Case in point: see everyone's opinion on Nick Bahe? He was there for about 6 months a few years ago, and was/still is, BY FAR, the best thing on the station. 

yikes..  No wonder I've never heard of it.  I have to check it out out of morbid curiosity at this point.

34 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

How come?

I find them to be devastatingly annoying, they aren't as funny or clever as they think they are, they aren't interesting, they don't provide any new insight/perspective, they think NU is still the center of the college football world and they're the homer fans that make me cringe.