“Foregone Conclusion” Tanner Lee Will Enter 2018 NFL Draft

seaofred92

I could see him playing on Sunday's.  Picture him on a team with a good O-Line and a decent running game- would take all the pressure off and he wouldn't feel like he has to throw into double coverage within 2 seconds every play.  Wish him the best of luck... I think he could have been a great one if he had the supporting cast.

51 minutes ago, Saunders said:

S A M  K E L L E R ' D

The only way we could be truly Sam Keller'd is if Tanner Lee successfully sues EA to shut down development of a popular sports title. 

Nebraska is forever stained by Sam Keller and how he was involved in getting NCAA Football shut down. 

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 6

21 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Except that they weren't, really. 

They were using the players’ numbers, skills, and attributes.  They were using everything but the players’ names.  They were basically getting the Spring depth charts from every team to create all the rosters.

The NCAA was in the wrong on these games. They profited from the popularity of the teams and the game, and the players were not compensated. 

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 4

Good luck to Lee if he does turn pro. From the sounds of it, he has been nothing short of a pro off the field. I hope he regains full health and can compete the final two weeks of the season.

If Jake Locker (countless others) can be a top 10 draft pick, no reason Lee shouldn’t be given a look. Would also be nice for the program to see a QB land on a roster someplace. 

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

They were using the players’ numbers, skills, and attributes.  They were using everything but the players’ names.  They were basically getting the Spring depth charts from every team to create all the rosters.

The NCAA was in the wrong on these games. They profited from the popularity of the teams and the game, and the players were not compensated. 

I should have made money off that game because I was FREAKING AWESOME AT IT!

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No, because the EA version of Sam Keller was actually good.

But in reality, the only thing resembling the player was the number, and skin tone, most of the time. If EA had simply changed player numbers, Keller and crew would have had no case whatsoever.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Saunders said:

But in reality, the only thing resembling the player was the number, and skin tone, most of the time. If EA had simply changed player numbers, Keller and crew would have had no case whatsoever.

Which is a bit like saying if I hadn't robbed the bank I wouldn't have gotten caught. 

If it truly was that easy, why didn't the game maker make those simple changes in the first place? 

I know people want to have their game, and that it sucks that it's gone. But those players had a valid point, and raking Keller through the muck (as so many people do) is kinda crazy. 

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Which is a bit like saying if I hadn't robbed the bank I wouldn't have gotten caught. 

If it truly was that easy, why didn't the game maker make those simple changes in the first place? 

I know people want to have their game, and that it sucks that it's gone. But those players had a valid point, and raking Keller through the muck (as so many people do) is kinda crazy. 

They simply went too close to the line. Half of the time, the characters weren't even the right skin color, and none of the faces resembled real life players.  Fans did all the hard work after the game was released to mod it into making players mimic real life, which is entirely legal. We've been down this road before but IMO, it's far less egregious than what the TV networks do each week profiting off the players. But nobody wants to tackle that sacred cow. But enough of this tangent.

• Plus1 1

Lee has a heckuva chance to play in the NFL.  He'll have a great pro day plus any combine stuff he goes to.  It'll all come down which team he catches on with.  I mean, Tom freakin' Savage got some run in the NFL and he hardly set the world on fire in college at Rutgers and Pitt.  Savage's stats are below and he ended up being a 4th round pick.

2009 Rutgers 149 285 52.3 2,211 7.8 14 7 128.7 59 -105 -1.8 1
2010 Rutgers 43 83 51.8 521 6.3 2 3 105.3 32 -6 -0.2 0
2013 Pittsburgh 238 389 61.2 2,958 7.6 21 9 138.2 76 -208 -2.7 3