“Foregone Conclusion” Tanner Lee Will Enter 2018 NFL Draft

seaofred92

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah, we already talked this to death when the settlements came out.  I am no huge Keller fan, and he's open to criticism. He just got so much undue criticism I guess I have a knee-jerk reaction to defending him. 

Which sucks, because he wasn't exactly my favorite player.  :D

It was two-fold, based on both his underwhelming career here, then helping to kill a sacred franchise. I think the combo really did him in with the fans here. 

4 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but the NCAA football franchise was trash anyways. $60 for an 'updated roster' and like 5 or 6 new animations. 

You'd be correct...except for the very last release, which they actually made perhaps the best version of that game ever.

What's a kick in the balls regarding this is that EA could allow this title to be played on the XB1 via Backwards Compatibility, but won't do so (Backwards compatibility is up to the publishers since it wasn't included initially and is software/emulation-based).

The tech is already there to do it--EA just has to bless it, and Microsoft release the update. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why don't they create new games?  The market clearly exists.  Surely there has to be some way to work around the player issue.

There is, but the Madden engine would need to be overhauled (since no work has been done on the NCAA engine this console generation) which takes time. 

We keep hearing rumors of EA putting NCAA Football back out there this gen...but considering how long it took EA to put out a decent NBA Basketball game this gen, I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't happen for a while yet.

That, or if the Star Wars Battlefront 2 fiasco has any bearing, EA is trying to figure out how to gouge purchasers for micro transactions. 

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why don't they create new games?  The market clearly exists.  Surely there has to be some way to work around the player issue.

They used to license everything through the CLC, but all that changed around the time of the lawsuit, so it's a bigger PITA now. Frankly, the fans are starving for the game so much, that they could nail everything, randomize the players, and let the community sort it out, and it would sell like hotcakes.

• Plus1 4
27 minutes ago, Saunders said:

They used to license everything through the CLC, but all that changed around the time of the lawsuit, so it's a bigger PITA now. Frankly, the fans are starving for the game so much, that they could nail everything, randomize the players, and let the community sort it out, and it would sell like hotcakes.

This. I miss the days of researching who has the best downloadable player universe for my career modes.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Saunders said:

That's probably another reason for the holdup--EA knows that if the game ships without a player/roster editor, the fans won't buy. But if EA ships the game with an editor, then there may be legal issues. 

6 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

That's probably another reason for the holdup--EA knows that if the game ships without a player/roster editor, the fans won't buy. But if EA ships the game with an editor, then there may be legal issues. 

I don't see how. Lots of games have had that feature, and users always re-create real life people.

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

The only way we could be truly Sam Keller'd is if Tanner Lee successfully sues EA to shut down development of a popular sports title. 

Nebraska is forever stained by Sam Keller and how he was involved in getting NCAA Football shut down. 

Ha!  I was going to post the same thing.  This was the only game that I looked forward to buying every year!  Oh well, there’s always dynasty mode.  (Florida A&M is a powerhouse in the year 2022)

I think Tanner Lee has the talent to make an NFL roster.  It’ll be interesting.  I’m sure some of his decision will be based upon who gets hired to coach here— but that would be his third coach in 3-4 years.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Ha!  I was going to post the same thing.  This was the only game that I looked forward to buying every year!  Oh well, there’s always dynasty mode.  (Florida A&M is a powerhouse in the year 2022)

I think Tanner Lee has the talent to make an NFL roster.  It’ll be interesting.  I’m sure some of his decision will be based upon who gets hired to coach here— but that would be his third coach in 3-4 years.

This game was the only reason I upgraded my gaming system....i literally only played this game since the PlayStation version...i tried Madden 3 years ago when my wife got me a ps4....i played it for awhile but haven't used my ps4 for gaming in about 2 years now...all I want is college football. Hell I play dynasty mode so roster accuracy means squat to me after a couple seasons haha